Where do you but replacement parts? What third party companies do you trust?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    05-03-2013 03:06 PM
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I don't have any personal experience with having these phones repaired. There are a number of vendors on ebay that sell them, but I don't know anything about any of them. You might want to take a look at this video before ordering a replacement. Also, some vendors will sell the glass without the digitizer, so you can (In theory) remove the digitizer from your broken screen and reuse it. From what I've read, this rarely ends well.

This is why you never want to break your smartphone screen | Android Central
    05-03-2013 03:20 PM
    Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you. My daughter's s3 just took a 6inch fall onto tile and spiderwebed the screen.

If the touch screen still works you can change the glass alone. I'll be ordering the new screen tomorrow and replacement it myself. I may do a how to video but really there are a bunch out there already.

Only my 5th screen replacement, 2nd on the s3 but the first one on my daughter's. Still get nervous every one I do...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    05-05-2013 04:39 PM
    5th replacement? Man, you need to invest in some heavy duty cases!
    05-05-2013 04:43 PM
    5th replacement? Man, you need to invest in some heavy duty cases!
    Og evo was my first (my phone) the next 3 were for friends. Now this time is my daughter's phone. So over 3 years is been 2 that I paid for lol

Actually my current phone (evo lte) has taken the most abuse but so far so good. Thing just keeps on keeping on

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    05-05-2013 04:47 PM
    I was having my S3 in my right pocket(2 pocket shirt) and connected to the headphone. I was crossing the street and my hand got trapped in the headphone cord and brought down the S3 on the street. It was badly cracked with a spiderweb on the lower part. The phone was still working. I made a backup and looked at the various option as the replacement of the display with glass . The price was close to USD200

Looking at the various forums I decided to try DIY glass replacement at USD 20. Amazon could not ship to Kuwait, so I got it through a friend in UK.

It was almost 2 months between the time a dropped and the glass replacement. Unfortunately I did not switch on the phone on the day of the glass replacement. I took the tips from many You tube sites. Most importantly
    1. Tape the cracked glass.
    2. Make sure not to heat too much
    3. One should apply heat and another remove the glass
    4. Use the tools supplied in the Kit

The glass was removed in nearly 10 minutes and perfectly .There was no much residue. The soft switched stuck to the glass which we fixed carefully.

After we fitted the new glass
    1. The display was not normal colour
    2. There was a vertical line
    3. Swipe did not work.
    4. The next day the screen was blank with a mirror shine

I had to change the display with glass and the phone is fine

We still feel the problem was due to the fall and not due to our bad removal of the glass.Can someone comment

Raman
    08-06-2013 05:14 AM
    No way to know for sure, I'm afraid. But the LCD and touch sensor is extremely fragile, so it's pretty easy to damage when trying to separate it from the glass.
    08-06-2013 03:19 PM