I've been using GS3 since October, and I've finally fiddled around with the lock screen for a change of pace. As of right now, I have a screen lock with PIN, with swipe lock, lock automatically after 5 minutes, and lock instantly with power key turned off. With these settings, however, the next time I turn my phone on, it drops me right to my home screen --No swipe lock. I know for sure HTC phones didn't have this issue(I've played around with a relatives' HTC Evo and then HTC One more recently), so I'm stumped on how to get the lock screen without security for those 5 minutes.

My GS3 is Sprint, SPH-L710, stock, with Nova Launcher.

Can anybody help me with this issue? Thanks.
    05-05-2013 05:00 PM
    Are you saying that if you power back on within 5 minutes, it skips both the swipe lock and the pin lock? Are you sure the lock instantly with power key is set? Try unchecking it, and checking it again, and maybe rebooting.

If I set mine the way you describe, and I turn the screen off and then immediately turn it back on, I get both the swipe lock and the pin lock, one right after the other.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to enable the swipe lock immediately, and the pin lock after 5 minutes. Lock instantly means both lock screens are (or should be) activated.
    05-05-2013 08:29 PM
    I might have worded it in a roundabout way.

What I mean is I don't want the lock instantly with power key feature; I want the power key to only lock with a simple swipe lock, not the PIN lock. If I check it off, both PIN and swipe are gone, and pressing the power key drops me to the home menu, which could be disastrous if it turns on in pocket.

I know it can be done, though it may have been an HTC Sense feature. The HTC Evo and One would unlock for X minutes, not PIN/gesture/Pass lock with the power key, and drop you to a swipe screen within those X minutes when pressing power.

Simply, I want the convenience of not having to type my pin in constantly, while not dropping me straight into home.
    05-05-2013 09:20 PM