Updating existing contact always saves to Google account instead of Phone

vinbhak

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I am using Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.2.

I do the following

1. Go to phone logs and select a number
2. Tap on "update existing" option; it takes me to the contacts list
3. Select a contact which has both Google & Phone information

S3 will add the number to the Google account.

How do I change this to the Phone? I don't see any option to do so.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
When you get into the edit screen, where you can actually make and save changes, look just below the row with the cancel / save buttons. You should see Google on the left, and your other account (phone?) to the right of that. Tap on that other account, and then make / save the changes. If you have more than two, I believe that row is scrollable left and right.

I don't have any contacts saved to my phone, so I'm not 100% sure of the above, but I have contacts which exist in two different email accounts, and this works for those.

vinbhak

May 6, 2013
Visit site
When you get into the edit screen, where you can actually make and save changes, look just below the row with the cancel / save buttons. You should see Google on the left, and your other account (phone?) to the right of that. Tap on that other account, and then make / save the changes. If you have more than two, I believe that row is scrollable left and right.

I don't have any contacts saved to my phone, so I'm not 100% sure of the above, but I have contacts which exist in two different email accounts, and this works for those.

If does show Google and Phone in the space just below Cancel/Save.
But the phone number which I want to add to an already existing entry is already added to the Google entry.
I want it to be added to the Phone entry. And I am not finding a way to move it from Google tab to the Phone tab while saving the entry itself.

I "think" I can save it to Google and later move it to Phone (using other ways), but that is not what I am looking to do here.