I attempted to flash my rom last night to the cyanogenmod nightly build. Now my phone is stuck during bootup with the CyanogenMod logo. I cannot get into recover mode. I don't know what to do.
    05-06-2013 11:59 AM
    I don't think you have bricked your phone. It's just stuck in boot loop... Connect your phone with PC using Odin... Try cleaning cache.... If that don't help rest system a do a new install... Hope tht helps.. Let us know

:*:N33b1:*:
    05-06-2013 12:12 PM
    Are you sure you are allowing it enough time to boot? It takes a bit extra time on CM Mod.

Can you get it into Download mode? If so -- just flash the stock rom you can download from the internet
    05-06-2013 12:42 PM
    Also to fix the initial issue - Assuming, by the fact that you are posting on this forum instead of XDA -- I'm guessing this is your first time flashing a new rom? Did you ensure you have the right build for your phone? There are multiple for the different S3's - For example.. my GT-i9300 International Version would crash if I tried to flash the AT&T Version Rom
    05-06-2013 01:10 PM
    I attempted to flash my rom last night to the cyanogenmod nightly build. Now my phone is stuck during bootup with the CyanogenMod logo. I cannot get into recover mode. I don't know what to do.
    Just to check the simple things first: When trying to boot into recovery, are you turning the phone OFF before you begin? You can't boot into recovery if the phone is on.

If you really can't get into recovery, can you get into download mode? (Starting with the phone off, press volume down, home, power -- hold until you get a warning screen, then release all three buttons and press vol up)
    05-06-2013 01:39 PM
    I don't see my phone as an available drive option with odin...not sure why
    05-06-2013 02:45 PM
    yes, I have gave it all night.

Is download mode where you press the up volume while inserting the usb? tried that and nothing happens.
    05-06-2013 02:47 PM
    I don't think you have bricked your phone. It's just stuck in boot loop... Connect your phone with PC using Odin... Try cleaning cache.... If that don't help rest system a do a new install... Hope tht helps.. Let us know

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure you are allowing it enough time to boot? It takes a bit extra time on CM Mod.

Can you get it into Download mode? If so -- just flash the stock rom you can download from the internet
    Is download mode where you press the up volume while inserting the usb? tried that and nothing happens.
    05-06-2013 02:50 PM
    You need to be in download mode for Odin to work.

No, I gave you instructions for download mode in post #5. You also didn't say whether you're turning the phone off before trying to boot into recovery mode.
    05-06-2013 07:52 PM
    Face it. You screwed your phone up.
    Forget flashing it. Leave it alone.

You aren't answering the questions to help you.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.
    05-07-2013 08:03 AM
    You need to be in download mode for Odin to work.

No, I gave you instructions for download mode in post #5. You also didn't say whether you're turning the phone off before trying to boot into recovery mode.
    Thanks for the help. I was doing things incorrectly (holding the buttons far too long). I was able to get into recover mode and perform a factory reset. My phone is functional!!

However, I am having another problem. My apps aren't showing. I can go into the file manager and navigate to and see that my apps are still stored, but I don't know how to execute them. In addition, Google play won't let me install programs that it thinks are still on my phone. I don't know if this is because it is seeing what is in storage on my phone when connected or because it keeps track of downloaded apps and thinks all these apps are still installed and functional. Suggestions???
    05-07-2013 11:52 AM
    Face it. You screwed your phone up.
    Forget flashing it. Leave it alone.

You aren't answering the questions to help you.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.
    Thank you for your valuable input.
    05-07-2013 11:53 AM
    Just to make sure, but did you make a nandroid backup and wipe data/factory reset the device? (Assuming your particular handset has a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP installed)
    The factory reset part of flashing a custom ROM is a crucial step, as leftover bits from the previous ROM may interfere with the new ROM, unless you're merely updating the ROM's version, which will just require clearing the cache.
    05-09-2013 05:19 PM
    Thanks for the help. I was doing things incorrectly (holding the buttons far too long). I was able to get into recover mode and perform a factory reset. My phone is functional!!

However, I am having another problem. My apps aren't showing. I can go into the file manager and navigate to and see that my apps are still stored, but I don't know how to execute them. In addition, Google play won't let me install programs that it thinks are still on my phone. I don't know if this is because it is seeing what is in storage on my phone when connected or because it keeps track of downloaded apps and thinks all these apps are still installed and functional. Suggestions???
    When you say installed apps wot you mean? Installed apps before you flashed the new ROM?
    I personally recommend go back to recovery wipe the whole lot I.e. system, cache also internal memory and do a fresh install of the ROM. you need to reinstall all of your apps unless you made backup of your apps.
    Download the ROM as zip also ROM's gapp zip too put them on your external memory card. Go into recovery wipe every thing except external memory card. Then install the ROM and gapp zips from recovery. After this you'll have fresh bug free system with no apps. once booted normal install all the apps again.
    I know it's long process but you'll have clean system.
    End choice is yours.
    Happy flashing!!!!

05-09-2013 08:01 PM
    Chris,
    Your best bet is to pursue any further questions in the sub-forum of the CM build that you loaded - they'll be able to give you pointers that are appropriate for that ROM.
    Or look on XDA.
    Without knowing what steps you followed to root, load the ROM, if you loaded GAPPS, etc, it'll be rather difficult to figure out where you're at.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    05-09-2013 10:00 PM