battery drain vs factory android version. is OTA gonna mess it up again?

taneity

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I had a major battery drain so I followed the advice given on another thread and did a factory reset as they said theOTA*update may have been the issue. Now my battery drain is fixed but am I now stuck with having android 4.1.1 or can I try updating it again to 4.1.2. A lot of features I liked are no longer available in this version. Are my choices battery drain during sleep mode with power save on and data and wifi off or having the factory android version. Hope someone can help as this is very frustrating. Also read in another thread that 4.1.2 was supposed to be better on battery life. So condfused.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Guess I'm the one that's confused - a Factory Reset does not somehow revert you to a previous version of Android: if you were on 4.1.2 prior to the Factory Reset then that's the version you should still be on.
Are you sure the advice in the other thread didn't have you load an image through Odin?
All that aside, if your phone is at 4.1.1 and your carrier has an OTA to take it to 4.1.2, then you should be able to check for updates and pull it down. Unless of course you've done something else that you haven't let us know about, like loading an alternate Recovery.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

taneity

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-battery-drain-please-read-2.html#post2770738
This is the thread I stated above. All I did was do a factory reset and I am certain I had 4.1.2 before hand and now have 4.1.1
I have noticed a lot of different features that don't appear to be on it anymore. I had already done one OTA update on my phone right after purchase and have found a lot of battery drain while in standby. I will try another update. See if it is available and hope it does not affect my battery life again.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What carrier are you on? In any case, if your carrier has release 4.1.2, and you're not rooted, you should get prompted to do the OTA again. If you are rooted, you'll have to apply the update manually, and the process for that depends on the carrier. GSDer is right, though; I've never heard of a factory reset changing the OS version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund