S3 won't boot

kekemato

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Greetings, everyone!
So at twelve midnight my mom decided to knock wildly on my door and get mad at me for "breaking" my phone. She told me that my phone won't boot, and is stuck at the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 screen. We tried taking off the battery a lot of times and turning it off, but it just turned on again and continued to show us that screen.

A while ago, my phone shut down because of low battery. I tried to open it again, so it booted and even got on my lock screen. Then something weird happened. The screen went crazy, the brightness was tripping and the screen wasn't responding to my taps. I kinda expected it to be like that because I just forced it open even if it had no battery. It shut down after a few seconds and I didn't really think it was a huge problem, so I let it be. My mom charged the phone, and then we opened it when the battery was full. Then, yeah, there goes the S3 GT-I9300 screen.

I've read some threads about the same topic on here but I really don't understand it. /sob
Things like recovery, factory reset, wipe cache and other similar stuff, I've only heard of them for the first time.

I'm planning to return it to the network operator who provided me the phone, it might be much easier, but then what if it still could be fixed without bringing it to them?

I really need your help. I don't want to hear my mother's high-pitched voice nagging about the phone. ;____;

Thanks in advance!

btw i had this phone for about 196 days. it hasn't even reached one year and it's broken! Q____Q

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What does it do when you turn it on? You said you could tell it was fully charged. How? Did you try to root the phone?

See if you can boot into recovery. With the phone completely off, press and hold Volume Up, Home, and Power all at the same time. As soon as you see the Samsung logo, release all three buttons at once. If this works you should see a menu. Use the volume keys to move up and down the menu, the the home key (Or is it power? I forget.... If the home key doesn't do anything, try the power button.)

If you've gotten this far, I'd suggest choosing reboot, and see what happens. If that doesn't solve anything, turn the phone off, boot into recovery again, and try a factory reset.

If nothing else will work, it's less than a year old, so it should be covered by warranty.

kekemato

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It just shows the Galaxy S3 screen, nothing else. It's stuck there. Before we tried opening it, it was on the charging screen where it shows the battery level. It was full. :D

I have not rooted my phone. I couldn't boot into recovery, too. The phone doesn't go completely off. Whenever we hold the power button to turn it off, it just restarts and gives us the S3 screen. The same thing happens when we take off the battery. When we put the battery back, the phone opens by itself, but only shows us the S3 screen.

So, yeah. I think my mom brought it to the network operator who provided us the phone without me.

Thank you so much! ;u;

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch