Last night I put M.O.A.R. on my S3 L710 . Went through all the initial customization options, and the phone rebooted. First it got stuck on the 'starting apps' screen, so I waited awhile and then restarted using the power button. Then it got stuck on the M.O.A.R screen where the little dots flash across the bottom. It freezed there everytime. I tried to load stock and other rom's onto the phone with odin, and each time it says it passed, but the MOAR screen is still there and still gets stuck. I finally gave up and went to bed and this morning my alarm was going off even though MOAR screen was still stuck. I finally this morning figured out how to get into recovery, did a wipe/factory reset and got it going. I had done a back up with kies, and I did remove my sd card before I wiped it, but now kies says it doesn't recognize my device. Any ideas on this or on what went wrong to cause the screen to freeze up? Oh, and it appears that MOAR is on and working.
    05-20-2013 05:52 AM
    To start off with, what carrier version of the phone are you using, and which version of MOAR (3.0, 4.0, etc.)? What ROM / version of Android was on the phone prior to the flash of MOAR?

Did you wipe cache and dalvik before you flashed MOAR? Did you factory reset before flashing?

I've never used Kies, so I'm afraid I can't help there. I use Titanium Backup and Nandroid to do my backups before flashing a ROM.
    05-20-2013 07:37 AM
    Sorry, I posted this and went to work. I'm with Sprint. I loaded MOAR 4.01. I used Mobile Odin and and the wipe cache and dalvik were checked. This is my rom, so it was still stock prior to last night. It seems to be fine today, though I'm still figuring out the rom. Most everything was backed up either through Kies, through google, or onto my sd card, so I haven't lost anything that I know of, I'm just not sure how to restore apps from my sd card.
    05-20-2013 06:27 PM
    How did you back the apps up to the SD card? Whatever app you used should have a restore process.
    05-20-2013 08:43 PM
    I didn't have to use an app, Some of them had an option to move them over, so I did. But I guess its not a big deal. I'm not so busy I can't take the time to download some apps again. All of my pictures are still there. The only thing I've lost is text messages, and since I don't remember what was there, its like I didn't really lose anything . Thanks for your quick response. Its nice to know I'll have help here in the future for the next time I mess up.
    05-21-2013 06:38 AM