How many of you got rid of your S3?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering! I had a great 8 month stretch with this device! I did enjoy every moment with it. Minis the memory leaks it seemed to have had. Even after I did a hard reboot. I ended up getting the HTC One last weekend and I'm finally using it now that my case came in. I also sold my S3 yesterday for $300. So over all I was very happy with it but I needed a change and I skipped out on the S4 for the HTC One.

Any of you guys plan to trade up? Even for the S4 or another device? What made ya trade up?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Will only get rid of this when a phone comes out with an octa core and 3gb of ram and under 5.5 inches

My name is Soundtrack to Chaos, and I have a fetish for external chargers, big batteries, power outlets and extension cords and surge protectors... I need help

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, I've still got about 14 months left before I'm eligible for an upgrade, and I'm too cheap to pay full price for a new phone. ;)

But even if I wasn't under contract, I'd probably keep my S3 for now. I've got it rooted and ROMed to suit me, and if I get bored I can re-theme my current ROM, or switch to a different one. I've even got access to some Sense apks that will run on the S3 if I really want to change things up. I checked out both the One and the S4 late last month, and honestly didn't see enough advancement to make it worth the switch. It's not like either phone will read my mind, or has voice recognition that is dramatically improved over the S3, or anything else that seemed like a major improvement to me. Both still run the same apps that my S3 does. Some of the S4 features are neat, but nothing that would really improve my life, and others I know I'd never use. Some of the htc features are nice, but I like having an SD card (which they're apparently now including for the Chinese version - WTF?), and I'd miss some of the Samsung tricks my S3 has.

With most consumer products, I find there isn't really enough advancement from one generation to the next to make it worth upgrading. Skipping a generation provide a much bigger bang for the buck. So I'll be looking at the Galaxy S5, or htc Two (that's awkward....what will htc call their follow-up?), or iPhone 6 (if Apple decides to reinvent the product) or whatever else offers me a real improvement in functionality next year.

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
i love s3, but i too have a tendency to stick with whats new. there's a chance i'll be jumping over to an s4 soon. no particular, just sticking with the new device if opportunity presents itself

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any phone in the near future that is going to replace my s3. I guess I'll actually keep this phone until it dies.

Even4steven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been playing around with the Note2 my wife got. Gotta admit I like it. Maybe when the Note 3 comes out, if it is not any bigger, I might make the change

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been playing around with the Note2 my wife got. Gotta admit I like it. Maybe when the Note 3 comes out, if it is not any bigger, I might make the change

I'm pretty much in the same boat, but I will only get it if it's around the same size as the note 2

My name is Soundtrack to Chaos, and I have a fetish for external chargers, big batteries, power outlets and extension cords and surge protectors... I need help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21