Beautiful phone, ugly messaging.

femme

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had my S3 for about a month. I really don't understand why Samsung would put such ugly text messaging on this beauty. If it had the style of the galaxy nexus messaging, it would be almost perfect.

(I've been using go sms for a while so I can emoji it up with my iphone friends. So it really doesn't matter to me.)

I'm not complaining, I'm just baffled. Every time I see a stranger with a newer Samsung phone texting with the native app, I want to guide them (gently) to go sms or handcent. :p

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Alot of the manufacturers seem to ugly up the messaging apps. I hated the template on my Samsung Sidekick 4g. The HTC droid DNA messaging app isnt too bad compared to most I've used. Glad you've found a substitute you are happy with! I personally found it too hard to use a third party messaging app, I could never tolerate having unread messages in my stock app, even when I was not receiving notifications for them .

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had my S3 for about a month. I really don't understand why Samsung would put such ugly text messaging on this beauty. If it had the style of the galaxy nexus messaging, it would be almost perfect.

(I've been using go sms for a while so I can emoji it up with my iphone friends. So it really doesn't matter to me.)

I'm not complaining, I'm just baffled. Every time I see a stranger with a newer Samsung phone texting with the native app, I want to guide them (gently) to go sms or handcent. :p

I feel the same way when I see people with the stock launcher and lockscreen

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die

femme

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Alot of the manufacturers seem to ugly up the messaging apps. I hated the template on my Samsung Sidekick 4g. The HTC droid DNA messaging app isnt too bad compared to most I've used. Glad you've found a substitute you are happy with! I personally found it too hard to use a third party messaging app, I could never tolerate having unread messages in my stock app, even when I was not receiving notifications for them .

Ah yeah, I've seen that on my old phones but I don't think the s3 does that. The stock unread messages are synced up with the go sms unread messages so that's a relief. I hate when things run sloppy.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Which lock screen do you use?

Well currently I don't use one, but when I did, I used go locker or widget locker, and there are a few others that I can't remember, but they had like custom widgets with news on them

My name is Soundtrack to Chaos, and I have a fetish for external chargers, big batteries, power outlets and extension cords and surge protectors... I need help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol