So one night I let my Galaxy charge, and as soon as I woke up, I noticed that the phone was really really hot.
    I disconnected the charger and freaked out. I turned it off and took out the battery to let it cool down.
    I let it cool down for at least 10 minutes.
    When I turned it back on, it looked and started normal.
    When I went on to some Social Apps, like Facebook, Twitter, etc...it wouldn't let me either post, refresh the page, or look at any photos.
    I uninstalled Twitter thinking if Installing it again would help, but I the Play Store just said "No Connection" and the only thing I could do is to Retry if I can.
    I have no service because I'm just using it for WiFi, and the app Pinger won't work and I can't text anyone.
    Please what can I do to fix this??
    05-24-2013 11:30 AM
    So one night I let my Galaxy charge, and as soon as I woke up, I noticed that the phone was really really hot.
    I disconnected the charger and freaked out. I turned it off and took out the battery to let it cool down.
    I let it cool down for at least 10 minutes.
    When I turned it back on, it looked and started normal.
    When I went on to some Social Apps, like Facebook, Twitter, etc...it wouldn't let me either post, refresh the page, or look at any photos.
    I uninstalled Twitter thinking if Installing it again would help, but I the Play Store just said "No Connection" and the only thing I could do is to Retry if I can.
    I have no service because I'm just using it for WiFi, and the app Pinger won't work and I can't text anyone.
    Please what can I do to fix this??
    Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your device. Let's start with letting the phone cool down period. Then, reboot into recovery, and do a wiping of the cache. Reboot by power down, then to reboot into recovery: hold volume up, home and power at the same time until you see the Samsung logo. This will bring you to the recovery mode, featuring a highlighted bar and options. Volume rockers help you navigate. scroll down to wipe cache partition, and use power to select. This should only take a few seconds. By default, the device should bring you to the main screen highlighting reboot now. hit power to select. The device should reboot.

Run the phone normally. Put on your charger, but early enough so that you can monitor it to a full charge. Check to see how it's doing every 15 minutes. If you feel it's getting too hot (bear in ming it will get warm while charging) unplug it, and take it to your carrier for potential repairs.

I hate to say this, but I am highly inclined to think this is a hardware problem, not a software. I am not inclined to think wiping the cache will help, but it is worth a try.
    Alex Espinoza likes this.
    05-24-2013 11:41 AM
    So I tried it, and it's still the same.
    I thought it would be a hardware problem, due to all the problems and glitchy things going on my phone.
    Thank you for everything.
    05-24-2013 12:02 PM
    The next step would be to boot into recovery again and do a factory reset. Back up anything you can, first. If you take the phone to a carrier store, this is the first thing they'll try anyway, so you might as well get it out of the way.

Were you using the OEM charger?
    05-24-2013 02:09 PM
    Have you installed any new apps since this started? Might help if you look at your battery usage, I've read in the past about certain apps getting stuck in a "update/sync-loop" which caused the phone to get really hot and the battery to die very quickly. I believe one of the solutions they found was manually updating the apps in the play store.
    05-27-2013 02:43 PM