I have an S3 with a rooted stock ROM and I started toying with changing the standard boot animation. I used the process at Homemade Bootanimations Collection + How To Install/make + Enable/Disable - xda-developers with success. I downloaded several animations with ROM Toolbox and everything worked fine. I then modified one and it worked as well. I modified another but did not keep an eye on the final size of the zip file and I noticed later it was much too large. It locked my phone up at the start of the animation sequence and I had to flash the disable zip file. After flashing the enable zip file I noticed that it would not accept any modified or custom bootanimation files including the one that had previously worked. Stock ones downloaded through ROM Toolbox still work. I have gone over the files thoroughly but don't see any problems. I have tried something as simple as extracting and repacking a stock animation to a NANDROID restore with no success. I have also placed it manually in the /data/local folder with no success either. Does anyone have a clue what may be going on?
    05-25-2013 10:17 AM
    Your best bet is to post your question over in the original XDA thread that discusses this topic.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    05-25-2013 10:39 AM
    I did several days ago and no one responded so I came here since I have received help before.
    05-25-2013 11:13 AM
    I'm no expert, but I believe the boot animation is part of the kernel, not the ROM. If you can find the stock kernel for your device, or a modified kernel that you want to try, flash that and see if it corrects the problem.
    05-25-2013 11:31 AM