12-22-2018 04:04 AM
213 1234 ...
tools
    Hi,
    Hi i live in hong kong.i update my phone to 4.2.2 ( Old version is Androiad version : 4.1.2
    Baseband version : I9300XXELLA ) but i didnt feel that function like s4. seems some one make it similar.i dont think is leaked one.i’m not perfect to do these things. my phone very slow all app open, closed and worked very slow that’y i update but i have to back my original set up.

The problem is not i have to back my original setting so download the file from on this website. Samsung Updates | Latest News and Firmware for your Samsung Devices! after finish the rooting phone show the menu list with a blue highlighted bar same as u show the pic and down have another message in red line ( sorry i forget to write) about back up. i already take out my sd card after try again to rooting but same message. I already download also this app ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM) and Team Win's Touch Recovery (TWRP) but didnt know much about this app and how to use it...

how to do ? should i reset my phone ? please help me out.

Thanks very much for reading.
    Htay Zaw Oo likes this.
    10-08-2013 11:18 AM
    This is your guide as to how to reboot into Recovery. I have noticed many users do not know how to do this, so I figured I would write a step by step guide with photos on how to do it.

I will be using my Tab 2 as a demonstration unit, and for screen shots as visual aids.

[TIP]Rebooting into recovery or even knowing how to use it can be very helpful. Being stuck in a boot loop, apps crashing, or just a general clearing of problems can be fixed using this method.[/TIP]

Step 1: Power down the device. Pulling the battery will work as well, especially if you are caught in a boot loop.

Step 2: Allow the device to completely shut down. Waiting until your screen is off, or just giving it a full minute or two should suffice.

Step 3a: For the Galaxy S2 and Tab 2, you will need to hold Volume Up and Power at the same time until you see the Samsung logo appear. Then release.

3b: For the Galaxy S3, you will need to hold the volume up, home, and power button at the same time until you see the Samsung logo, and then release.

Step 4: For all variants mentioned, you should now be looking at a menu list with a blue highlighted bar. Using the volume rockers will navigate through the menus, and generally power is your accept button. The S2 might have a little twist. Upon getting into recovery, you can push up, down, up to enable the back button. This also allows to use the power button as the accept button. See figure 1.

Important note: When navigating around in recovery and you select something, you may be redirected to a page with about a dozen answers. Almost all will be no with yes buried in the middle. This is to prevent accidental accepting of an option.

4b: To actually have you use this guide, you can clear your phone's cache. See figure 2. There are many cache clearing programs on Play, and while they may clear the cache as well as rebooting into recovery, this is merely an alternate method. Click power to accept.

Step 5: When completed, you can navigate back, or usually after completing any action in Recovery, Reboot Now will be highlighted at the root menu. See figure 3. This is your gate back to running Android through the User Interface. Click power to accept.

Congratulations! You have successfully entered, navigated, executed a command and rebooted all in Recovery. This is also a method to flash a ROM through a .zip file on an SD card, and a complete Factory Reset can be accomplished in this manner as well.

PLEASE HELP!!!! I accidently pressed the ADB one what do i do!!!!
    10-23-2013 12:17 PM
    PLEASE HELP!!!! I accidently pressed the ADB one what do i do!!!!
    Press and hold power. That will force a reboot. Then start over.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    10-23-2013 12:40 PM
    I tried this on my Tab2 GT-P5110 and it gave me NO blue menu. Just automatically said Warning! then Downloading... Do not turn off target!!

What do I do?

And I don't recommend trying what is suggested above. I think I'm about to lose everything.

Help!
    11-06-2013 07:56 AM
    I tried this on my Tab2 GT-P5110 and it gave me NO blue menu. Just automatically said Warning! then Downloading... Do not turn off target!!

What do I do?

And I don't recommend trying what is suggested above. I think I'm about to lose everything.

Help!
    Looks like this?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    Attached Thumbnails [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.-1383749623587.jpg  
    11-06-2013 08:53 AM
    I just pressed and held power, and didn't lose anything.
    GSDer likes this.
    11-06-2013 09:01 AM
    For the record, this worked on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Just went from 458mb of space to about 1.5 gigabytes of space, not to mention my phone is now blazing fast. Thanks for the help.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    11-30-2013 09:20 PM
    Thanks a million, have just followed your instructions and I am hoping it works, this is the first time something made sense.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    11-30-2013 11:52 PM
    Hi,
    Hi i live in hong kong.i update my phone to 4.2.2 ( Old version is Androiad version : 4.1.2
    Baseband version : I9300XXELLA ) but i didnt feel that function like s4. seems some one make it similar.i dont think is leaked one.i’m not perfect to do these things. my phone very slow all app open, closed and worked very slow that’y i update but i have to back my original set up.

The problem is not i have to back my original setting so download the file from on this website. Samsung Updates | Latest News and Firmware for your Samsung Devices! after finish the rooting phone show the menu list with a blue highlighted bar same as u show the pic and down have another message in red line ( sorry i forget to write) about back up. i already take out my sd card after try again to rooting but same message. I already download also this app ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM) and Team Win's Touch Recovery (TWRP) but didnt know much about this app and how to use it...

how to do ? should i reset my phone ? please help me out.

Thanks very much for reading.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I am sorry about the late reply.
    Did you manage to find a way through your problem?
    12-01-2013 12:01 AM
    For the record, this worked on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Just went from 458mb of space to about 1.5 gigabytes of space, not to mention my phone is now blazing fast. Thanks for the help.
    You are welcome.
    Check out post #2.

If you need to clean up some more space, you can check this out: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html
    12-01-2013 12:06 AM
    Thanks a million, have just followed your instructions and I am hoping it works, this is the first time something made sense.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Glad this worked.
    Now that you have done this, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get in the habit of doing this once a month or so. Keeps the phone snappy.
    Also something to do when you get an OTA update.
    12-01-2013 09:17 AM
    I just pressed and held power
    And I thought the only way to get out of Download (Odin) mode was to pull the battery - thanks!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    12-01-2013 09:17 AM
    And I thought the only way to get out of Download (Odin) mode was to pull the battery - thanks!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Lol...we all learn something.
    I tried it on my Tab because at the time I did that post I had just flashed 4.3 JB on it, and it was pretty clean anyway. I thought, what is the worst that can happen?
    Mon Lay likes this.
    12-01-2013 09:19 AM
    I created this account just so I could say thank you!! My phone's been screwed up for a few weeks now, finally get my new one in the mail today and my old one suddenly (of course) doesn't want to turn on! I tried everything online and nothing worked. I got through about half of your instructions and it must have done some kind of magic because it turned on so I was able to get all my 4000 photos!! I can't thank you enough!

-Nikki
    12-15-2013 05:06 PM
    I created this account just so I could say thank you!! My phone's been screwed up for a few weeks now, finally get my new one in the mail today and my old one suddenly (of course) doesn't want to turn on! I tried everything online and nothing worked. I got through about half of your instructions and it must have done some kind of magic because it turned on so I was able to get all my 4000 photos!! I can't thank you enough!

-Nikki
    You are very welcome. Have you made an intro thread yet?

From a Sprint Moto X using the AC Forums app.
    12-15-2013 05:40 PM
    I have an issue with an AT&T Galaxy S3. It is stuck in some unknown mode with the Samsung logo and a blue status light. It became that way after trying to do a factory reset. And has been stuck there for about a week. So I've took to the forums for some help so that I can unlock it and use on T-Mobile.

I've done this reboot thing in the recovery mode as described here. Same problem, it doesn't work. I'm attaching a screen pic...

[Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.-20131220_134326.jpg

Please let me know how to address this issue... Please?
    12-20-2013 01:54 PM
    I have an issue with an AT&T Galaxy S3. It is stuck in some unknown mode with the Samsung logo and a blue status light. It became that way after trying to do a factory reset. And has been stuck there for about a week. So I've took to the forums for some help so that I can unlock it and use on T-Mobile.

I've done this reboot thing in the recovery mode as described here. Same problem, it doesn't work. I'm attaching a screen pic...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131220_134326.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	406.5 KB 
ID:	97676

Please let me know how to address this issue... Please?
    Try selecting factory reset, and then reboot. Volume up and down to navigate, power to confirm.

From a Sprint Moto X
    pixiowner1716 likes this.
    12-20-2013 02:23 PM
    No, that doesn't work.

Edited: Well damn, tried it a second time and it works. Now off to try the unlocking.
    12-20-2013 02:32 PM
    No, that doesn't work.

Edited: Well damn, tried it a second time and it works. Now off to try the unlocking.
    Glad it worked. Good luck, and see you around the forums.

From a Sprint Moto X
    12-20-2013 04:19 PM
    Thank you soooo much! who is the admin in this site ur such a big blessing for Samsung S3 user!
    12-28-2013 08:37 PM
    Thank you soooo much! who is the admin in this site ur such a big blessing for Samsung S3 user!
    Welcome to the forums. The Administrators are James Falconer, the Community Manager, and Paul the Moderator Team Leader.
    I, however, overlook this thread. You are welcome for the info. I am glad it helped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-28-2013 10:26 PM
    Thank very much, good direct simple instructions, now i will be able to continue enjoying and recording my daughters and my adventure holiday on the South westland coast of New Zealands South Island , i was a bit worried that i would have to find a tec repair place and that was not going to happen where we are,,,so thanks again fore making life easier Cheers
    12-30-2013 01:25 PM
    Thank very much, good direct simple instructions, now i will be able to continue enjoying and recording my daughters and my adventure holiday on the South westland coast of New Zealands South Island , i was a bit worried that i would have to find a tec repair place and that was not going to happen where we are,,,so thanks again fore making life easier Cheers
    Welcome to the forums. You are very welcome. Glad it helped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-30-2013 04:01 PM
    Hi, I have the Galaxy s3. I tried the rebooting into recovery process, still won't come on. I'm not sure what to do next.
    01-04-2014 07:55 PM
    Hi, I have the Galaxy s3. I tried the rebooting into recovery process, still won't come on. I'm not sure what to do next.
    Timing is pretty important. Pull the battery for a few minutes, then try again. Release when you see the first Samsung logo.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    01-04-2014 09:01 PM
213 1234 ...