12-22-2018 04:04 AM
213 12345 ...
tools
    I just read through this thread. Didn't know about booting into recovery prior to coming here. My Tab 2 7.0 has 4.2.2, apparently auto updated Nov, 2013. Ever since, Bluetooth will not connect to my Moto Droid 2. They pair, but will not connect. No problems prior to the update. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Other than the Bluetooth problem I've had no issues with 4.2.2. BT connects OK to a Logix Blue Piston speaker and connects to my wife's old LG VX8360 and new VX5600. Unless, the fact that the LG kept giving me an "unsupported file format" error when I tried to BT a normal JPG from the Tab 2 is related.

I tried the cache clear option but just as some others have said as soon as the cache clear operation starts it dies with "error" and then reboots into normal operation. Anyone got an idea why this it and what can be done to accomplish the clear operation? Or is a reset to factory state the only option? Any idea if I reset to factory state and then update to 4.2.2 before installing any apps if that might work to give me a trouble free 4.2.2? What's the chance an app may have interfered with the 4.2.2 update leading to some of the problems folks are complaining about?
    01-26-2014 08:50 PM
    I just read through this thread. Didn't know about booting into recovery prior to coming here. My Tab 2 7.0 has 4.2.2, apparently auto updated Nov, 2013. Ever since, Bluetooth will not connect to my Moto Droid 2. They pair, but will not connect. No problems prior to the update. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Other than the Bluetooth problem I've had no issues with 4.2.2. BT connects OK to a Logix Blue Piston speaker and connects to my wife's old LG VX8360 and new VX5600. Unless, the fact that the LG kept giving me an "unsupported file format" error when I tried to BT a normal JPG from the Tab 2 is related.

I tried the cache clear option but just as some others have said as soon as the cache clear operation starts it dies with "error" and then reboots into normal operation. Anyone got an idea why this it and what can be done to accomplish the clear operation? Or is a reset to factory state the only option? Any idea if I reset to factory state and then update to 4.2.2 before installing any apps if that might work to give me a trouble free 4.2.2? What's the chance an app may have interfered with the 4.2.2 update leading to some of the problems folks are complaining about?
    I have been seeing more and more issues with recovery like you posted. I wonder if there is an error in the recovery partition, on Samsung's end.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    01-26-2014 09:29 PM
    I'm having a recovery issue, too. I went into recovery, selected factory reset, hit yes and then was directed to a 'confirm password' screen. I entered my screen unlock 4 digit code which was accepted, but the phone went immediately back to the Samsung screen, flashing every few seconds, that can only be stopped by removal of the battery. This all started in September with a couple of auto-reboots that I didn't recognize for the danger signs they were (phone hasn't worked since then). I now have 2 endless loops, the Samsung screen and the password one. If I press vol up&down and power to get back into the recovery menu, I land directly back to the password screen. No way to get tab back into the recovery menu. Thinking it might want a different password I tried a few, but got a 'sorry, try again' screen. I do not get that for the screen unlock code I set myself, so does that mean it's the one it wants? Help! Also wondered (rather desperately at this point) whether there's a way to get the internal SD out of the phone or is that integral to the motherboard or some other component? I want my pics!
    01-28-2014 01:53 AM
    I'm having a recovery issue, too. I went into recovery, selected factory reset, hit yes and then was directed to a 'confirm password' screen. I entered my screen unlock 4 digit code which was accepted, but the phone went immediately back to the Samsung screen, flashing every few seconds, that can only be stopped by removal of the battery. This all started in September with a couple of auto-reboots that I didn't recognize for the danger signs they were (phone hasn't worked since then). I now have 2 endless loops, the Samsung screen and the password one. If I press vol up&down and power to get back into the recovery menu, I land directly back to the password screen. No way to get tab back into the recovery menu. Thinking it might want a different password I tried a few, but got a 'sorry, try again' screen. I do not get that for the screen unlock code I set myself, so does that mean it's the one it wants? Help! Also wondered (rather desperately at this point) whether there's a way to get the internal SD out of the phone or is that integral to the motherboard or some other component? I want my pics!
    Which device do you have?

01-28-2014 07:55 AM
    This didn't work for me. /: It rebooted itself and then went straight back to the samsung screen..
    UJ95x likes this.
    02-07-2014 01:30 PM
    This didn't work for me. /: It rebooted itself and then went straight back to the samsung screen..
    Welcome to Android Central
    Can you boot into download mode? Or is it just recovery that doesn't work?

Posted via Android Central App
    02-07-2014 01:39 PM
    Okay so i have a problem i downloaded a rom last night and i installed it. (no i didnt do a backup) but now when i start the phone it shows samsung then the screen goes black. and i cannot boot into recovery. any suggestions on how to fix this and what rom to install instead i have the T-mobile Galaxy S2.
    02-17-2014 12:11 PM
    Okay so i have a problem i downloaded a rom last night and i installed it. (no i didnt do a backup) but now when i start the phone it shows samsung then the screen goes black. and i cannot boot into recovery. any suggestions on how to fix this and what rom to install instead i have the T-mobile Galaxy S2.
    Can you get into download mode? If you can't then you may have to send the phone in for a JTAG service.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    02-19-2014 09:30 AM
    My phone wont turn on past the logo screen, i have tried to reboot my phone but still nothing, never had this problem before the phone was working perfectly fine yesterday morning until the battery died, i put it on charge and ever since it wont turn on. Its a samsung galaxy s3. Help please!!!
    02-21-2014 03:03 AM
    My phone wont turn on past the logo screen, i have tried to reboot my phone but still nothing, never had this problem before the phone was working perfectly fine yesterday morning until the battery died, i put it on charge and ever since it wont turn on. Its a samsung galaxy s3. Help please!!!
    Try pulling the battery for several minutes, and power it up.

02-21-2014 09:23 AM
    Thanks for this tip!! I just did this and it totally sped up my phone!! Had to log in (at work) and say thanks!!
    02-25-2014 04:23 PM
    Thanks for this tip!! I just did this and it totally sped up my phone!! Had to log in (at work) and say thanks!!
    Welcome to the forums! Glad it helped!!

From a SlimKat Tab 2....perhaps not far from you
    02-25-2014 04:45 PM
    This is your guide as to how to reboot into Recovery. I have noticed many users do not know how to do this, so I figured I would write a step by step guide with photos on how to do it.

I will be using my Tab 2 as a demonstration unit, and for screen shots as visual aids.

[TIP]Rebooting into recovery or even knowing how to use it can be very helpful. Being stuck in a boot loop, apps crashing, or just a general clearing of problems can be fixed using this method.[/TIP]

Step 1: Power down the device. Pulling the battery will work as well, especially if you are caught in a boot loop.

Step 2: Allow the device to completely shut down. Waiting until your screen is off, or just giving it a full minute or two should suffice.

Step 3a: For the Galaxy S2 and Tab 2, you will need to hold Volume Up and Power at the same time until you see the Samsung logo appear. Then release.

3b: For the Galaxy S3, you will need to hold the volume up, home, and power button at the same time until you see the Samsung logo, and then release.

Step 4: For all variants mentioned, you should now be looking at a menu list with a blue highlighted bar. Using the volume rockers will navigate through the menus, and generally power is your accept button. The S2 might have a little twist. Upon getting into recovery, you can push up, down, up to enable the back button. This also allows to use the power button as the accept button. See figure 1.

Important note: When navigating around in recovery and you select something, you may be redirected to a page with about a dozen answers. Almost all will be no with yes buried in the middle. This is to prevent accidental accepting of an option.

4b: To actually have you use this guide, you can clear your phone's cache. See figure 2. There are many cache clearing programs on Play, and while they may clear the cache as well as rebooting into recovery, this is merely an alternate method. Click power to accept.

Step 5: When completed, you can navigate back, or usually after completing any action in Recovery, Reboot Now will be highlighted at the root menu. See figure 3. This is your gate back to running Android through the User Interface. Click power to accept.

Congratulations! You have successfully entered, navigated, executed a command and rebooted all in Recovery. This is also a method to flash a ROM through a .zip file on an SD card, and a complete Factory Reset can be accomplished in this manner as well.
    holding power & volume up simultaneously is giving me a normal boot up on my Samsung galaxy SII i9100 (international version)... what am i doing wrong ?
    03-05-2014 02:08 PM
    holding power & volume up simultaneously is giving me a normal boot up on my Samsung galaxy SII i9100 (international version)... what am i doing wrong ?
    Might be a later version where they added the home button.

03-05-2014 03:15 PM
    Might be a later version where they added the home button.

Yes it's got the home button in the bottom Centre. Any idea how to do it on the later version?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-06-2014 12:59 AM
    Yes it's got the home button in the bottom Centre. Any idea how to do it on the later version?

Don't worry I got it right, it was the same way as the galaxy S3.

Golfdriver97 likes this.
    03-06-2014 01:18 AM
    Hello....I did exactly what was said to do...and now my daughter's phone will get past the start up logo and then go to the lock screen and freeze and then reboot....sometimes it will be stuck and freeze at the logo screen....HELP...also this problem is off topic but her phone camera when she clicks on the icon says can't connect to camera. I went into the manage apps to try to clear the cache and the app for the camera is missing....any suggestions....She has a Gaxaly Note 2 GT-I7105 Android Version 4.2.2
    03-08-2014 11:55 PM
    Hello....I did exactly what was said to do...and now my daughter's phone will get past the start up logo and then go to the lock screen and freeze and then reboot....sometimes it will be stuck and freeze at the logo screen....HELP...also this problem is off topic but her phone camera when she clicks on the icon says can't connect to camera. I went into the manage apps to try to clear the cache and the app for the camera is missing....any suggestions....She has a Gaxaly Note 2 GT-I7105 Android Version 4.2.2
    Download Odin on your pc then follow the prompts.

03-09-2014 04:56 AM
    A factory reset may be required.

03-09-2014 09:09 AM
    Hello,

I have an S2 that had been working just fine until the battery died. I charged it, and when I tried to restart it, at first it started rebooting itself. I then took the battery off, restarted it again, and got stuck on the loading screen. I found this page and tried getting into the Recovery Mode (both methods), however it won't work. If I try the S2 method, it will just stay on the loading screen. If I try the S3 method, it will just shut off.

I can, however, get into the download mode, but I wish to avoid losing all the data I have on the phone, if possible.

Please help.
    03-10-2014 07:07 AM
    Hello,

I have an S2 that had been working just fine until the battery died. I charged it, and when I tried to restart it, at first it started rebooting itself. I then took the battery off, restarted it again, and got stuck on the loading screen. I found this page and tried getting into the Recovery Mode (both methods), however it won't work. If I try the S2 method, it will just stay on the loading screen. If I try the S3 method, it will just shut off.

I can, however, get into the download mode, but I wish to avoid losing all the data I have on the phone, if possible.

Please help.
    If the only thing you can do is get into download mode, that means you can flash a stock ROM to get running again. When you do that, the chances of losing data is quite high.

03-10-2014 08:35 AM
    If the only thing you can do is get into download mode, that means you can flash a stock ROM to get running again. When you do that, the chances of losing data is quite high.

Can you guide through with the whole flashing a stock ROM procedure, or somewhere I could find it?

Also, there's definately no way around getting into the Recovery Mode then, correct?
    03-10-2014 09:34 AM
    Can you guide through with the whole flashing a stock ROM procedure, or somewhere I could find it?

Also, there's definately no way around getting into the Recovery Mode then, correct?
    I am not aware of any other way to get into Recovery. I have a guide for reflashing a Stock ROM, and will link that.
    You will need files and a program called Odin. Try Samsung Updates .com for your Stock ROM files. Look for your specific model number.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-via-odin.html
    03-10-2014 09:40 AM
    Aloha,
    I have tried this and i only can get a frozen logo screen. The only other screen i can get is an empty battery with the circle not spinning. Is there any hope for me?
    kathy
    04-05-2014 02:35 PM
    Aloha,
    I have tried this and i only can get a frozen logo screen. The only other screen i can get is an empty battery with the circle not spinning. Is there any hope for me?
    kathy
    Hi. Welcome to the forums. What device do you have?

04-05-2014 02:37 PM
213 12345 ...