[Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Kathy Plack

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
OK, I have read your guide and have downloaded odin, already have an extractor/compressor program, and am looking at the sph d710 stock eg 30 modem /kernel/rom -factory restore. i hope that is the one... what scares me next is the factory restore part. won't that mean all data is wiped?

Kathy Plack

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
oops, and there is one that says full data, one that says no data and one that says discuss + ODIN tar. Then one that says stock eg30 deodexed with root 3.0 and busybos 1/18/4 and one ore for odin OC Stock one click no bootloaders and no data wipe! OOOH is that the one?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
oops, and there is one that says full data, one that says no data and one that says discuss + ODIN tar. Then one that says stock eg30 deodexed with root 3.0 and busybos 1/18/4 and one ore for odin OC Stock one click no bootloaders and no data wipe! OOOH is that the one?

Sorry for the delay, I just got home from work.
First, where are you looking? Can you give me a link?

Full restore means a complete reset, while a no data means to preserve user data. I would go for that one.

Kathy Plack

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
that was my guess. sorry i was eating dinner! forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Samsung_Epic_4G_Touch/ROMs/S:D710.0.5s.EG30

my computer says that file is infected...

Kathy Plack

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
now i don't know what to trust or which to use among the tons I see online in other places. any help is greatly appreciated and i know you've had a long day already! Me too...

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
now i don't know what to trust or which to use among the tons I see online in other places. any help is greatly appreciated and i know you've had a long day already! Me too...

Try Sammobile .com. Look for your model number.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Kathy Plack

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
also, i have no idea what i was running on. whatever sprint sent the phone with 2 years ago and I've done whatever upgrades they do over the phone just a few months ago.

Kathy Plack

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
ok i've downloaded d710usgb27-d710usgb27-spr.zip from sammobile firmware for the most recent firmware from sprint for my model sph-d710. I am looking forward to returning to this in the morning to see if I have the right one. i'm so nervous to do anything that might delete the photos.
have a great sleep!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
so i'm finding firmware, but not ROM

Firmware is another way of saying ROM. The phrases are interchangeable.

also, i have no idea what i was running on. whatever sprint sent the phone with 2 years ago and I've done whatever upgrades they do over the phone just a few months ago.

GB27 is, to my knowledge, the most up to date ROM for the S2 E4GT (Epic 4G Touch). At least that is the one I am on.

ok i've downloaded d710usgb27-d710usgb27-spr.zip from sammobile firmware for the most recent firmware from sprint for my model sph-d710. I am looking forward to returning to this in the morning to see if I have the right one. i'm so nervous to do anything that might delete the photos.
have a great sleep!

Here is where I am going to throw in a disclaimer: I am pretty sure this should keep your personal data intact. However, it has been so long since I have flashed a stock ROM, that I just can't remember.

I am preparing to test my device, just in case.

EDIT: I reflashed a stock ROM and it wiped my device. So let's try something else. Try here: http://www.rwilco12.com/

Last edited:

Rayhaan Hans

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to these forums so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place or breaking any rules, I'm just really stuck.

I have a stock Galaxy S3, not been rooted or anything. Phone's been playing up for a while, last week I kept getting the message process com.android.phone has stopped working then the phone would just restart and then continue doing so. Took the battery out for a night and tried again, carried on restarting/rebooting for an hour then eventually started working. Couldn't download any apps though and would every now and then just restart on it's own accord. Then yesterday I got a notification saying UID's are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable and a "I'm feeling lucky" button. The phone would just restart and take a good 5 mins to reboot, I'd get the UID notification again and it'd just repeat doing that.

I have booted to recovery mode and wiped the cache partition but still get the same problem.

I have no idea what to do so I'd appreciate some help.

Thank you

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to these forums so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place or breaking any rules, I'm just really stuck.

I have a stock Galaxy S3, not been rooted or anything. Phone's been playing up for a while, last week I kept getting the message process com.android.phone has stopped working then the phone would just restart and then continue doing so. Took the battery out for a night and tried again, carried on restarting/rebooting for an hour then eventually started working. Couldn't download any apps though and would every now and then just restart on it's own accord. Then yesterday I got a notification saying UID's are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable and a "I'm feeling lucky" button. The phone would just restart and take a good 5 mins to reboot, I'd get the UID notification again and it'd just repeat doing that.

I have booted to recovery mode and wiped the cache partition but still get the same problem.

I have no idea what to do so I'd appreciate some help.

Thank you

Welcome to the forums.
The only thing I can think of is an app you downloaded tried messing with your screen (why, I am not sure). You can try a factory reset. Otherwise, you would have to reflash a stock ROM all over again.

Kathy Plack

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Different cables, USB ports, update Samsung drivers for your PC.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

so i called sprint to find out i was last running jelly bean and then downloaded an exe for that. it opened and started running, but it has been on a milimeter of green in the bar for over an hour now. Is that normal?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
downloaded an exe for that
I've never run an exe update before but if it's similar to loading firmware via Odin it should only take 15 minutes at the most.

When you used Odin and the file (tar or md5), what error did you receive?

Which version of Jelly Bean were you running before - 4.1.x or 4.3?
You are loading the same (or better) firmware now, yes?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae