Looking for new email client - for GS3 & PC - other than gmail or Outlook; suggestions? :-)

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello to all here! :D

Last October, after switching from iphone, I stayed with my Windows Live @live.com (previously @hotmail.com) email client. Since doing so, the Windows @live.com email client has always worked and sync'd fine on my GS3, however both were (force) replaced recently by Microsoft with their new Outlook Mail, which I really don't care for at all-- primarily on our laptops & desktops. :(

I only use gmail for my Android & Play Store account access, and have no desire to use gmail as an email client.

So my questions is.... what email clients (other than gmail, or Windows Outlook) are others out there using and happy with, for both your desktop/laptop and your GS3?

I'll really appreciate any and all suggestions very much. Thanks to you all. ;)

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Roll_Cam_Tide ! Looks interesting. I'm reading the reviews now. No big issues with it, huh? Are you able to edit composed messages easily, e.g. font size & color, bold, underline, italicize, etc?

Is anyone using Thunderbird on their GS3? Or is Thunderbird even an option?

Roll_Cam_Tide

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Roll_Cam_Tide ! Looks interesting. I'm reading the reviews now. No big issues with it, huh? Are you able to edit composed messages easily, e.g. font size & color, bold, underline, italicize, etc?

Is anyone using Thunderbird on their GS3? Or is Thunderbird even an option?

Haven't had any issues, and it loaded with a lot of features. I do not know of a way to adjust the font or styling however, but I haven't really tried either. It might have a bit of a learning curve for new users, most of the functions are found by pressing the menu button. Once you get used to it though, its very nice because it leaves your screen free for reading those long emails. As far as thunderbird, I've never looked for it on android but it's nice as a free desktop client.

One cool feature of k-9 is you can drag your finger from the side of the screen and onto a message, and it will select that one. Quite fast for deleting a bunch of messages.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again, Roll_Cam_Tide ! :)

I didn't download it yesterday, but may give it a try. ;) Really appreciate all that info you've shared. And yeah, I don't think I saw Thunderbid available as a mobile app in play store.

Microsofts' @live.com (what is now: @outlook.com) has always worked fine on my GS3, so maybe I shouldn't be looking messing with it. But it's as a desktop client where I really don't like MS's @outlook.com. With their @live.com, before they forced everyone to start using Outlook.com email, their @live.com email domain & client still used the old Hotmail UI, where it didn't hang-up and run slow (like MS's new Outlook does); you could customize the UI with themes; had better viewing pane options; had better composing options; had better better folder options; etc-etc-etc.

Anyways, didn't mean to ramble. I'll give that K-9 a closer look-see. ;) Thanks again for your responses and info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20