Not sure if this has been covered and Im hopping I can explain this right.

At the home screen when you swipe down from the top it brings up a page that shows notifications, time date, and I guess quick buttons for things like blue tooth, Wi-Fi, gps sound etc. Well over the last few month it has started freaking out were the drop down bar/screen starts to come down when Im not even touching the screen. it will do it rapidly and freeze up the phone. Only way to kind of stop it is to hit the sleep button reenter my password and go back in. Well that isn't even working most of the time now. It is very frustrating. When I take it to the T-Mobile store I got it from they look at it, say its fine then wipe it completely back to factory settings. This doesn't usually help though and in tired of them wiping all my apps. Any ideas? And please feel free to respond like talking to a child I am not very tech savy.
    05-29-2013 08:57 AM
    Not sure if this has been covered and Im hopping I can explain this right.

At the home screen when you swipe down from the top it brings up a page that shows notifications, time date, and I guess quick buttons for things like blue tooth, Wi-Fi, gps sound etc. Well over the last few month it has started freaking out were the drop down bar/screen starts to come down when Im not even touching the screen. it will do it rapidly and freeze up the phone. Only way to kind of stop it is to hit the sleep button reenter my password and go back in. Well that isn't even working most of the time now. It is very frustrating. When I take it to the T-Mobile store I got it from they look at it, say its fine then wipe it completely back to factory settings. This doesn't usually help though and in tired of them wiping all my apps. Any ideas? And please feel free to respond like talking to a child I am not very tech savy.

Welcome to the forums. I would try wiping the cache in recovery mode. A factory reset should do the same thing, but give it a try anyway. Wiping of the cache won't clear your apps like a reset will. Power off. let it shut down. Press volume up, home and power at the same time, release when you see the Samsung logo. You get a menu with a highlighted bar. using the volume keys navigate to wipe cache partition. press power to accept. Let it do it's thing, takes about 15 seconds. when done, it will bring you back to the main menu with reboot device highlighted. hit power to accept.

Hope that helps. If not, I would call tech support.
    05-29-2013 09:48 AM
    Cool ill give it a try. Thanks
    05-29-2013 10:15 AM