Help please! Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300 is frozen on the logo. In Australia, phone did work but network locked so couldn't make or receive calls!!
    I have tried and got into recovery mode, chose wipe/reset and this worked but when I chose Reboot phone just goes to the black screen with the logo on it.
    I can also get to something called ODIN but it doesn't do anything
    This all happened after I "rooted" and installed "Superuser". This was done on the phone not via my Mac. I then tried to install Chainfire and this is when the phone froze.
    I do not know how to root or jailbreak, I was trying these options as the phone's imei has been locked and it was suggested that if I "root" the phone, this will fix the network lock.
    Need an Android and Galaxy S3 experts help please - is there anyway I can get this phone working again?????
    05-30-2013 09:20 AM
    I am by no means an android expert, but since you haven't gotten a response yet I will try to help. I have installed several roms on several devices in the past, and sometimes it will get the splash screen lock or boot loop. I am not sure what caused your problem, but you should first try booting into recovery and wiping the cache. If that doesn't fix it you may have no choice but to try and install a new rom. You can definitely wait for feedback from the other guys on here before you try anything drastic, but I'm not sure what other alternatives there are at this point. Good luck, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    android_unknown likes this.
    05-30-2013 12:37 PM
    I don't remember offhand which carrier services Australia (Vodafone?), but you should be able to find recovery steps here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=206157
    [ODIN]Stock Firmwares for GT-I9300 [Including JB Leaks].
    I'm not sure about the Mac thing though - I thought Odin was only available for Windows.
    You may be able to use the Kies software on your Mac to perform an Emergency Recovery - I thought I saw another user from Australia mention that he had reloaded the correct firmware using Kies.
    And please stay away from root, and Chainfire, and all of that other stuff unless you know what you're doing - it can lead to all sorts of trouble for the unwary.
    Finally, if your IMEI is locked, you need to contact your carrier to get that straightened out. That usually only gets locked if the phone is reported as stolen, or the account is in default, or something like that.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    android_unknown likes this.
    05-30-2013 11:22 PM
    I have installed several roms on several devices in the past, and sometimes it will get the splash screen lock or boot loop. I am not sure what caused your problem, but you should first try booting into recovery and wiping the cache. If that doesn't fix it you may have no choice but to try and install a new rom.Good luck, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Hi Thanks for actually responding. As per my post, I tried to install Root aka a jailbreak without knowing what I was doing. I have already gone into recovery mode and wiped the cache, which it apparently did but when I chose reboot, it just goes back to the Samsung Galaxy S3 logo screen and stays there; does do anything else.

As I know nothing about rooting or jailbreaking or android - I have done a lot of research and now just need to know what software I need to instal on my pc to get the phone working again and it seems the only way I can get this phone to make calls is if it is rooted?
    05-30-2013 11:41 PM
    Hi @GSDer - Thank you for replying. You are correct, I do not know anything about root or chainfire however I was advised by a customer service assistant (associate of mine) that as Vodafone have locked the IMEI, the only way I would be able to get this phone working would be by Rooting it.................Now I paid $300 AUD for this phone from a pawn shop and when it was sold to me it was working so the seller at this store will not refund my money now. Vodafone will not unlock the IMEI even though I have a receipt for the purchase of this phone because it was reported lost or stolen and they need the original owner to contact them to unlock the IMEI.
    I have access to Windows and can download ODIN onto that however I do not know what to do with it once I have downloaded, hence why I asked for step by step instructions to un-brick this Galaxy S3. Do I go through the ODIN stock Firmware process and then try to Root the phone again? Are you able to assist me with a successful Root so that I can actually use the phone? Any advise and assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    05-30-2013 11:48 PM
    Hi @GSDer - Thank you for replying. You are correct, I do not know anything about root or chainfire however I was advised by a customer service assistant (associate of mine) that as Vodafone have locked the IMEI, the only way I would be able to get this phone working would be by Rooting it.................Now I paid $300 AUD for this phone from a pawn shop and when it was sold to me it was working so the seller at this store will not refund my money now. Vodafone will not unlock the IMEI even though I have a receipt for the purchase of this phone because it was reported lost or stolen and they need the original owner to contact them to unlock the IMEI.
    I have access to Windows and can download ODIN onto that however I do not know what to do with it once I have downloaded, hence why I asked for step by step instructions to un-brick this Galaxy S3. Do I go through the ODIN stock Firmware process and then try to Root the phone again? Are you able to assist me with a successful Root so that I can actually use the phone? Any advise and assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Try to Google your exact model number and stock rom. Try to find a rooted version of it. Download to PC. Depending on the download you may only need 7zip to get everything going. Samsung updates . Com may have a stock rom for your device, but use caution. There are carrier and country codes that may differ and still have the same model.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums
    05-31-2013 12:42 AM