4g LTE Icon present when connected to WiFi?

Somegeek

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I updated today with the latest OTA on my Verizon Samsung S3 and noted that the 4GLTE icon is on, even when I am connected to WiFi. Is there something I need to change so mobile data is disabled automatically when I connect to WiFi like it used to?

Somegeek

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Just figured it out...

The "Caller Name ID" Verizon app was pushed to my phone with this latest update. From within the app there's an option to uninstall if you want to do it this way. Once I uninstalled the app, the 4G LTE icon went away from the status bar so I just have my WiFi icon.

Not cool, Verizon.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Just figured it out...

The "Caller Name ID" Verizon app was pushed to my phone with this latest update. From within the app there's an option to uninstall if you want to do it this way. Once I uninstalled the app, the 4G LTE icon went away from the status bar so I just have my WiFi icon.

Not cool, Verizon.

Yup it's the same on my s4 went in titanium backup and froze caller Id and it went away, unfroze it and it came back

- VZW GS4 -

natashaks

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
not true regarding 'wireless gets first shot". i too saw this same issue upon the new update. i never use my 4g because i am always on wifi and i hit my data limit of 4gb whereas i never went above 1.5-2gb in any other month. i just diabled the caller name id and see the 4g has now turned off. When 4G shows up on top, it is ON.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc