Samsung Galaxy S3 charging issue

Matt102030

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The past few weeks I have had issues with my S3 not charging correctly, then out of the blue it won't charge at all, so after searching a few forums I tried charging the phone whilst switched off, and for some reason it charges but very slowly, anyone else had this same problem and know of a fix? I have tried several chargers and in different sockets around the house, even tried using someone elses battery with still the same problem. I have always used the genuine & supplied charger. Any help would be much appriciated!!

Matt

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
it sounds like its a phone issue because you are only using oem equipment and you have tried a different battery and different outlets. you have done the trouble shooting

Matt102030

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Well that was my diagnosis also, don't really want to send the device off for repair though, risk of using postal service are far too high, and god knows what will happen to the phone whilst in repair centre!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Your other option is to use an external charger and a couple of batteries. Have one in the phone, and the other one charging, and swap when necessary.

Paul Mann

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
seems to be a common problem with the s3. I have had this problem twice now. The first time around 6 months ago i used a different battery and all was fine - then a few days ago the problem came back but persisted. nothing i did would get it to charge / turn on. ee said they need to post it off. Im hoping they fix it before they realise i have rooted the phone - am certain this wont be the cause of the problem, although i do think some software is involved in the charging process! Will let you know in 14 days time what they say!

anewactor

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
And I thought I was the only one dealing with this issue! I too, am dealing with the same issue of my Galaxy S3 both not charging properly (to the point now that it only charges 1% and then shuts down altogether), as well as it not actually sustaining the charge whenever I've been able to fully charge it, usually when it's turned off, in which case I can't use the phone and need to wait until it's fully charged which can take well over 10 or more hours! And the kicker here is that this is actually the REPLACEMENT PHONE I received from T-mobile, which replaced the first Galaxy S3 I purchased which had the same exact issues! In fact, I just purchased another battery ($40), and it still functions the same!! I'm going to a corporate T-Mobile store downtown to see if they can assist me in resolving the issue. Unfortunately, I'm not having a good experience with the Galaxy S3 right now. Hopefully the issue can be rectified in a timely fashion, as I truly need my phone for work and personal use.

Last edited:

antony7661

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought this phone off the internet after switching from an iphone, I got it out the box and it wouldn't charge at all. I had it charging for 24hrs to no avail. Currently liasing with supplier to send back, thinking I might just get a refund rather than a replacement

Does anyone no if this is strictly S3 related or is this affecting S4 as well?

Raza Sheikh

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
M also having the same issue
Its not charging properly..some times It charges upto 3% in just 5 mins and then it takes half n hour for 1% more...!
I bought this fone 1 month before..and I am facing this problem for 3 days ago!

JoshDevera

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
i just got this phone off from my uncle who barely even used it. still brand new. everything went well until i noticed how the battery wouldn't charge properly. put the phone on charge for a a night and the battery percentage only managed to increase by 2-3% which was shocking.
now by reading these reviews and comments from you guys, i realized that i wasn't the only one facing the same issue.

Today earlier i went up to my boss who also owns a S3 and asked him whether he was facing the same problem. unfortunately for me he said nothing was wrong and that his phone was perfectly fine.

so how is it that not every person who has a S3 is facing this problem?

and guys how long has it been since this problem occurred?

how can it be resolved?

Epul Shah

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Me and my friend have the same problem too. Charging was horribly slow with the original samsung charger. I've stopped using the samsung charger. I'm currently charging using a blackberry charger and it charges fast. Told my friend and he tried he started using his old LG charger and yielded the same result. So the problem is not the phone. Their phones are great but the chargers are horrible. Hope this help.

ryanrajeh

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
recently all of a sudden my S3 decided not to charge anymore except from few chargers. i used to charge it from any blackberry charger or from any charging station and now it only charges from its original chargers or from my old HTC charger.

even my external mobile battery charger is not working anymore.
it is so frustrating because i have to carry my original charger everywhere now.
some one told me that its a software problem with the power driver and that i need to re install it again. ive tried factory resetting the device and it did not work.

does anyone have the power file so i can re install it and try again.

Thank You guys

Ryan

jameyscott56

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The past few weeks I have had issues with my S3 not charging correctly, then out of the blue it won't charge at all, so after searching a few forums I tried charging the phone whilst switched off, and for some reason it charges but very slowly, anyone else had this same problem and know of a fix? I have tried several chargers and in different sockets around the house, even tried using someone elses battery with still the same problem. I have always used the genuine & supplied charger. Any help would be much appriciated!!

Matt
It sounds like a battery issue. I would suggest buying a new battery off of amazon or ebay. Just make sure you read the reviews first and make sure it is up to oem specs. If you have a friend with an s3. I would suggest first testing out their battery and confirm that before buying another one.

sent from that HUGE Phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie