Anyone have a good experience with Anker portable chargers? Need immediate opinions.

ipwn3r456

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello community,

Have anyone used a portable charger from Anker before? Looking for your opinions. Have any of you gotten a defective device from Anker?
I am looking forward to buy this: Amazon.com: Anker Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery Pack Portable Power Bank Charger for Apple: iPad mini, iPhone 5 (Lightning Cable not Provided); iPhone 4S, iPad; Android Tablets: Google Nexus 7 Nexus 10; Android Smart Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4, S
But I am in a hurry situation also, since I have to travel to China within a week and a half. So, if I got a defective device from Anker, I am pretty much have a low chance for returns, since I am leaving in U.S. for about a month. I will be choosing the standard shipping, hope it will arrive faster. Should I still buy it? What do you guys think? Need immediate answers, I either have to make a choice today or tomorrow. Thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the 8400 maH model and have been very happy with it. Even with the free shipping from Amazon you should have it long before you need to leave.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

ipwn3r456

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the 8400 maH model and have been very happy with it. Even with the free shipping from Amazon you should have it long before you need to leave.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

How long did the item came to your house?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the portable charger but bought two batteries with a standalone wall charger and all products are great. If you decide to purchase the charger let us know how well it works for you when you return from your trip.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I think I have the same mah but from powerbank

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 with a 7000mah extended battery... Because I'm not a chick with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

ipwn3r456

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I think I will order it later on today. I hope it's going to be a ship fast and not a defective item.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Once u get it, let it charge overnight for about 8-12 hours I think, then u can use it fully

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 with a 7000mah extended battery... Because I'm not a chick with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

ipwn3r456

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Once u get it, let it charge overnight for about 8-12 hours I think, then u can use it fully

Isn't it a good idea to drain it off first (by giving charges to my devices), then charge it over night? Lol I am not really sure if it can able to be charged overnight, it's a 13000 mAh battery.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it a good idea to drain it off first (by giving charges to my devices), then charge it over night? Lol I am not really sure if it can able to be charged overnight, it's a 13000 mAh battery.

Well when I first got it, I charged my device for a few minutes just to see that it was working. But I believe the instructions are to charge immediately.

It will come at half power so it will be able to charge overnight, or at least it should

Half battery for a 13000 should be about 6500mah. My phone has a 7000mah battery and takes about 8 hours or so to go from 0 to full. So basically, u should be able to fully charged your battery pack over night

ipwn3r456

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Well when I first got it, I charged my device for a few minutes just to see that it was working. But I believe the instructions are to charge immediately.

It will come at half power so it will be able to charge overnight, or at least it should

Half battery for a 13000 should be about 6500mah. My phone has a 7000mah battery and takes about 8 hours or so to go from 0 to full. So basically, u should be able to fully charged your battery pack over night

I see. I will see what I will do when I get the item. I hope it's not going to be a long wait because I used Standard Shipping (3-5 days), instead of FREE Super Saver Shipping (5-8 days). I will keep you guys updated when I get the portable charger.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I see. I will see what I will do when I get the item. I hope it's not going to be a long wait because I used Standard Shipping (3-5 days), instead of FREE Super Saver Shipping (5-8 days). I will keep you guys updated when I get the portable charger.

I loves me some amazon.com :D

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello community,

Have anyone used a portable charger from Anker before? Looking for your opinions. Have any of you gotten a defective device from Anker?
I am looking forward to buy this: Amazon.com: Anker Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery Pack Portable Power Bank Charger for Apple: iPad mini, iPhone 5 (Lightning Cable not Provided); iPhone 4S, iPad; Android Tablets: Google Nexus 7 Nexus 10; Android Smart Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4, S
But I am in a hurry situation also, since I have to travel to China within a week and a half. So, if I got a defective device from Anker, I am pretty much have a low chance for returns, since I am leaving in U.S. for about a month. I will be choosing the standard shipping, hope it will arrive faster. Should I still buy it? What do you guys think? Need immediate answers, I either have to make a choice today or tomorrow. Thanks.

I purchased a 12k mAh black version that looks different. I haven't tried it yet, but going out of country myself this week so will post my findings and model at that time

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ipwn3r456

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Just for an update. Got my battery here, confirmed to be working. It also comes with a nice little bag, quite handy. But the thing this, I didn't like the USB cable that comes with it. It's very hard to plug it in to the portable battery charger, also my other USB wall chargers as well. It comes with around 75-100% battery, should i drain it all off first, then go charge it?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just for an update. Got my battery here, confirmed to be working. It also comes with a nice little bag, quite handy. But the thing this, I didn't like the USB cable that comes with it. It's very hard to plug it in to the portable battery charger, also my other USB wall chargers as well. It comes with around 75-100% battery, should i drain it all off first, then go charge it?

Just charge it, u don't need to drain it really.

And u can use any usb cord you like, it doesn't matter, I rarely use the ones that came with it