08-08-2013 04:18 PM
27 12
tools
    Hello community,

Have anyone used a portable charger from Anker before? Looking for your opinions. Have any of you gotten a defective device from Anker?
    I am looking forward to buy this: Amazon.com: Anker Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery Pack Portable Power Bank Charger for Apple: iPad mini, iPhone 5 (Lightning Cable not Provided); iPhone 4S, iPad; Android Tablets: Google Nexus 7 Nexus 10; Android Smart Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4, S
    But I am in a hurry situation also, since I have to travel to China within a week and a half. So, if I got a defective device from Anker, I am pretty much have a low chance for returns, since I am leaving in U.S. for about a month. I will be choosing the standard shipping, hope it will arrive faster. Should I still buy it? What do you guys think? Need immediate answers, I either have to make a choice today or tomorrow. Thanks.
    06-04-2013 11:04 PM
    roll the dice
    06-04-2013 11:07 PM
    roll the dice
    Maybe a coin is better for it.
    AxlMyk likes this.
    06-04-2013 11:10 PM
    They are good and well worth the money

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die
    06-04-2013 11:48 PM
    They are good and well worth the money

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die
    So in my current situation, should I go and make a purchase of it?
    06-04-2013 11:59 PM
    I purchased the 8400 maH model and have been very happy with it. Even with the free shipping from Amazon you should have it long before you need to leave.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    06-05-2013 12:19 AM
    I purchased the 8400 maH model and have been very happy with it. Even with the free shipping from Amazon you should have it long before you need to leave.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    How long did the item came to your house?
    06-05-2013 12:21 AM
    I don't have the portable charger but bought two batteries with a standalone wall charger and all products are great. If you decide to purchase the charger let us know how well it works for you when you return from your trip.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-05-2013 12:26 AM
    Yup

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 with a 7000mah extended battery... Because I'm not a chick with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    06-05-2013 01:10 AM

I think I have the same mah but from powerbank

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 with a 7000mah extended battery... Because I'm not a chick with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    06-05-2013 01:10 AM
    I think I will order it later on today. I hope it's going to be a ship fast and not a defective item.

Sent from my SGH-T999
    06-05-2013 09:40 AM
    Alright, just placed the order, with Standard Shipping, I will keep you guys updated once I got the item.
    06-06-2013 04:51 PM
    Once u get it, let it charge overnight for about 8-12 hours I think, then u can use it fully

06-06-2013 05:21 PM
    Once u get it, let it charge overnight for about 8-12 hours I think, then u can use it fully

Isn't it a good idea to drain it off first (by giving charges to my devices), then charge it over night? Lol I am not really sure if it can able to be charged overnight, it's a 13000 mAh battery.
    06-06-2013 06:26 PM
    Isn't it a good idea to drain it off first (by giving charges to my devices), then charge it over night? Lol I am not really sure if it can able to be charged overnight, it's a 13000 mAh battery.
    Well when I first got it, I charged my device for a few minutes just to see that it was working. But I believe the instructions are to charge immediately.

It will come at half power so it will be able to charge overnight, or at least it should

Half battery for a 13000 should be about 6500mah. My phone has a 7000mah battery and takes about 8 hours or so to go from 0 to full. So basically, u should be able to fully charged your battery pack over night

06-06-2013 07:48 PM
    Well when I first got it, I charged my device for a few minutes just to see that it was working. But I believe the instructions are to charge immediately.

It will come at half power so it will be able to charge overnight, or at least it should

Half battery for a 13000 should be about 6500mah. My phone has a 7000mah battery and takes about 8 hours or so to go from 0 to full. So basically, u should be able to fully charged your battery pack over night

I see. I will see what I will do when I get the item. I hope it's not going to be a long wait because I used Standard Shipping (3-5 days), instead of FREE Super Saver Shipping (5-8 days). I will keep you guys updated when I get the portable charger.
    06-06-2013 08:49 PM
    I see. I will see what I will do when I get the item. I hope it's not going to be a long wait because I used Standard Shipping (3-5 days), instead of FREE Super Saver Shipping (5-8 days). I will keep you guys updated when I get the portable charger.
    I loves me some amazon.com

06-06-2013 08:53 PM
    Hello community,

Have anyone used a portable charger from Anker before? Looking for your opinions. Have any of you gotten a defective device from Anker?
    I am looking forward to buy this: Amazon.com: Anker Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery Pack Portable Power Bank Charger for Apple: iPad mini, iPhone 5 (Lightning Cable not Provided); iPhone 4S, iPad; Android Tablets: Google Nexus 7 Nexus 10; Android Smart Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4, S
    But I am in a hurry situation also, since I have to travel to China within a week and a half. So, if I got a defective device from Anker, I am pretty much have a low chance for returns, since I am leaving in U.S. for about a month. I will be choosing the standard shipping, hope it will arrive faster. Should I still buy it? What do you guys think? Need immediate answers, I either have to make a choice today or tomorrow. Thanks.
    I purchased a 12k mAh black version that looks different. I haven't tried it yet, but going out of country myself this week so will post my findings and model at that time

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    06-06-2013 10:40 PM
    Just for an update. Got my battery here, confirmed to be working. It also comes with a nice little bag, quite handy. But the thing this, I didn't like the USB cable that comes with it. It's very hard to plug it in to the portable battery charger, also my other USB wall chargers as well. It comes with around 75-100% battery, should i drain it all off first, then go charge it?
    06-10-2013 06:15 PM
    Just for an update. Got my battery here, confirmed to be working. It also comes with a nice little bag, quite handy. But the thing this, I didn't like the USB cable that comes with it. It's very hard to plug it in to the portable battery charger, also my other USB wall chargers as well. It comes with around 75-100% battery, should i drain it all off first, then go charge it?
    Just charge it, u don't need to drain it really.

And u can use any usb cord you like, it doesn't matter, I rarely use the ones that came with it

06-10-2013 08:11 PM
    Just charge it, u don't need to drain it really.

And u can use any usb cord you like, it doesn't matter, I rarely use the ones that came with it

I am not goona use the cables that comes with it, doesn't seem to be good quality. I am just going to drain all of it's battery first, just charged my dad's iPad 2 and my Galaxy S3 (partial charge, from 44 to 100%), still have around 5-25% charge on the portable battery charger (1 light indicating). I guess I will keep you guys updated once I returned my trip from China, if you guys are willing to wait for a month lol.
    06-11-2013 12:22 PM
    Yes. I have one. Very good quality, and several plug options.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.
    06-11-2013 08:16 PM
    I have had very good experience with them as well.
    06-12-2013 06:36 AM
    I purchased a 12k mAh black version that looks different. I haven't tried it yet, but going out of country myself this week so will post my findings and model at that time

Will I tried it on my trip to Jamaica and it failed miserably. I pre charged it to 4 full non blinking blue lights. When I attached any phone or device to charge it shows charging and within 1 minute it stops. I tried 3 different USB cables including the ones that came with it. I tried it on wife's DROID Incredible 2,my GS3, my Nexus 7, and son's DS USB cord I purchased to travel with. Not one worked out any of the 4 marked mAh. Just got back today and going to work on a return and refund plus bad review. I was so hoping this would work.

06-14-2013 10:15 PM
    Hmm - so you connected the device that you wanted to charge and HELD DOWN the power button on the Anker for a few seconds until the lights started to blink (as opposed to just pressing the button once)? If I remember correctly (don't have it with me at the moment), if you press the power button once it just comes on briefly to show you the charge level - you have to hold the power button down for a few seconds to actually turn it on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-15-2013 01:32 AM
27 12