http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/Article...icleid=9881105

just figured I'd share, I'm not much for safety, but I do manually install a lot of apks, due to things like the amazon marketplace and xda apks. Anyway, just thought I'd keep the community informed

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die
    06-07-2013 11:37 PM
    Appy Geek

just figured I'd share, I'm not much for safety, but I do manually install a lot of apks, due to things like the amazon marketplace and xda apks. Anyway, just thought I'd keep the community informed

What confuses me is that: (1) There is no source; (2) There is no hard number of users whose phones are actually infected; (3) The version of Android that is infected by this trojan has not been identified.

I believe that #3 is the biggest concern. There would be "previously unknown vulnerabilities", involving an older version of Android that is not being developed anymore. This seems like fear mongering by Kaspersky, to be honest. Maybe, I'm wrong. I guess, we'll find out, in the coming days, when more people start to report on this.

Thanks, for the read!!
    06-08-2013 12:20 AM
    What confuses me is that: (1) There is no source; (2) There is no hard number of users whose phones are actually infected; (3) The version of Android that is infected by this trojan has not been identified.

I believe that #3 is the biggest concern. There would be "previously unknown vulnerabilities", involving an older version of Android that is not being developed anymore. This seems like fear mongering by Kaspersky, to be honest. Maybe, I'm wrong. I guess, we'll find out, in the coming days, when more people start to report on this.

Thanks, for the read!!
    Yea personally, I wouldn't be concerned at all, because of #2.

I want to know how this is being verified, like did this magically happen to someone or is there a certain app that cause this or basically how the people that do have the virus, have it

06-08-2013 12:26 AM
    Appy Geek

I wouldn't take this seriously unless someone presents concrete information.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    06-08-2013 12:52 AM