So this problem has been reoccuring for me over and over again. I just cant believe that the phone is supposed to be that way. Whenever im in my browser for a while like 8 mins maybe, watching videos on youtube. When i press the home button. Touchwiz homescreen redraws and icons and widgets take time to load up. I only have clock and music player widget with just 2 homescreens. Is this normal? Does it happen to you? If it isnt normal, will it be fixed in the 4.22 update?

Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300
    06-08-2013 05:19 AM
    So this problem has been reoccuring for me over and over again. I just cant believe that the phone is supposed to be that way. Whenever im in my browser for a while like 8 mins maybe, watching videos on youtube. When i press the home button. Touchwiz homescreen redraws and icons and widgets take time to load up. I only have clock and music player widget with just 2 homescreens. Is this normal? Does it happen to you? If it isnt normal, will it be fixed in the 4.22 update?

Thanks in advance

Not an International User, but I would suggest few things.
    1. Clean out the phone's cache in recovery. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    2. This may help more indirectly, but disable any bloatware through the Application Manager
    3. TouchWiz is a resource hog, which can sometimes confuse the OS. I would suggest trying a different launcher, like Nova, or ADW.
    06-08-2013 09:29 AM
    I will try those things. Thanks. But it is just pitiful that i have to do those things to stop redraws. As a tech enthusiast i will be able to do that but the average consumer won't. 2gb of ram is a must for flagship android phones, people with the lte version dont complain from redraws. Maybe its because its only 1gb ram? I mean the galaxy nexus sometimes redraws and it also happens to have 1gb ram. I hope samsung looks into this.

06-08-2013 09:54 AM
    I will try those things. Thanks. But it is just pitiful that i have to do those things to stop redraws. As a tech enthusiast i will be able to do that but the average consumer won't. 2gb of ram is a must for flagship android phones, people with the lte version dont complain from redraws. Maybe its because its only 1gb ram? I mean the galaxy nexus sometimes redraws and it also happens to have 1gb ram. I hope samsung looks into this.

It's almost like how when you buy a PC and they build it with bate minimum to run it. Ugh....

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3
    06-08-2013 04:27 PM
    It's almost like how when you buy a PC and they build it with bate minimum to run it. Ugh....

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3
    I know right. Thanks for your help. The redraw is less but its not fixed. But i can live with it. Thanks alot )

06-08-2013 08:00 PM
    Silly question perhaps, but why are you using a browser to watch YouTube videos rather than using the YouTube app?
    Anyway, in Developer options you can set all of the animation settings to off and see if that makes a differenceInternational S3 users out there-uploadfromtaptalk1370741920928.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    06-08-2013 08:39 PM
    Silly question perhaps, but why are you using a browser to watch YouTube videos rather than using the YouTube app?
    Anyway, in Developer options you can set all of the animation settings to off and see if that makes a differenceClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1370741920928.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	70874Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    I have got my gripes with youtube app.For some reason in the youtube app when i am watching a video and press the power button and then wake the device, all what has been loaded from the video is gone but in the browser it doesnt go away and it loads the video while its asleep so thats good. Plus, the youtube app doesnt show the top comment or the avatars of the commenters. I have also have a question, do you own the intl or the lte variant? If its the one, Has the homescreen ever redrawn before you debloated it? :o

06-09-2013 04:37 AM
    I actually don't own the International version - I've got the SCH-I535 (Verizon LTE version). And I don't use YouTube often, and certainly not through the browser. But I have made those transition changes that I referenced in the screenshots, and I haven't seen the problem that you describe, either using the Power button or the Home button.
    Also, although my signature makes reference to my ROM being debloated, I'm actually running the stock (albeit rooted) ROM, with no real changes that unrooted folks can't do.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    06-09-2013 09:54 AM
    I have the S3 from tmobile and since the 4.1.2 update it has been doing similar things with the widgets and notifications. I did a factory reset and the problem is still there with factory browser. So I just chrome now..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-09-2013 10:09 AM
    I hope it gets fixed in android 4.2

06-09-2013 11:22 AM