01-23-2016 05:38 AM
160 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Verizon galaxy s3 with AT&T SIM card many apn setting work as far as getting data for wen text talk and sending picture messages but I can not download them also I think I'm on edge 2g Internet speeds I have full bars of service so slow Internet and no downloading picture messages with all the apn settings I've tried
    11-19-2013 01:42 AM
    Same issue here, been on phone for 30 min and still no cure. Did you ever find the right settings?
    11-19-2013 12:31 PM
    Mine worked fine and then today just stopped. Anyone get it resolved i have an at&t s3
    11-19-2013 03:06 PM
    Thanks alot!!! Its working now!
    11-28-2013 08:53 PM
    Had to join to chime in here, so hi. I've used st for about a year now and have experienced all of the above issues, (outages?, galaxy problems? changing apns, updates that need undone etc.) 2 months ago after finally getting consistent lte, my service was shutoff for nonpay. No biggie, call st automation and its on again. But then noticed the mms picture receiving wouldn't work. Called st, said it was my phone or try another app, I said its an S4 that worked great yesterday, please check your end... Same story nothing worked, however, this billing cycle ended same way, phone shut down for non auto pay. I phoned in the credit card info again, shut OFF phone for 10 minutes, turned back on and be damned if mms picture messaging isn't working again! All that wasted time on hold and politely arguing got me nowhere. I know this is S3 forum but I have the same apns in both of my phones. Before you're convinced by st that your phone is the problem, let it get shut off and it will work.
    11-30-2013 02:59 PM
    Try setting your port to 80 as well, not just the mms port.
    11-30-2013 05:25 PM
    Has anyone found a solution to not being able to receive MMS with 4.3?
    12-18-2013 03:49 PM
    I have an unlocked S3 I747.
    I have used:
    Name=Straight Talk
    APN=tfdata
    Port=80
    MMSC=http://mms-tf.net
    MMS proxy=mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS port=80

and the same settings without the first port settting. I have no problem with data, standard text messaging, and I can receive MMS messages, but when I send an MMS message, it show that it is sending, but the message is never received.
    I have also tried every other APN setting in this thread. With the others I have no data access.
    Does anyone have any other options?
    12-22-2013 06:07 PM
    I have a problem that most of you don't seem to have. Under mobile networks I have no APN and no way to add one. Can someone please help?
    12-25-2013 12:49 AM
    So excited....I did an update to my phone and lost all data capabilities....thanks to your post my phone is in working order again. Thank you, thank you, thank you...
    fryskate likes this.
    12-26-2013 02:27 PM
    Hello, i just wanted to let you know that this did not work for me at first; until l went back and edited my current apn settings that you gave here and I had to put 80 in bot port lines PORT & MMS PORT I have a At&t Samsung Galaxy S3 version 4.3 SGH-I747 everything is working great now. I thought if people were still having data problems with this model that it was a good thing to know and at least try.
    GSDer and Sheila Espinosa1 like this.
    12-29-2013 11:59 PM
    We've had no luck with that with my husbands phone, until he downloaded an app called HANDCENT. Then his phone was able to download picture messages no problem!
    Before then he was only able to send them.
    01-03-2014 10:46 AM
    I have an unlocked S3 I747.
    I have used:
    Name=Straight Talk
    APN=tfdata
    Port=80
    MMSC=http://mms-tf.net
    MMS proxy=mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS port=80

and the same settings without the first port settting. I have no problem with data, standard text messaging, and I can receive MMS messages, but when I send an MMS message, it show that it is sending, but the message is never received.
    I have also tried every other APN setting in this thread. With the others I have no data access.
    Does anyone have any other options?

We've had no luck with that with my husbands phone, until he downloaded an app called HANDCENT. Then his phone was able to download picture messages no problem!
    Before then he was only able to send them.
    01-03-2014 10:49 AM
    I need help... im taking all of this advice but none of it is working because when I try to go to my apn setting I cant click on anything besides the apn and when I try to chnage the apn i cant click on anything else and i dont know why its doing that. It's extremely frusturating so if someone could help that would be great!
    01-06-2014 02:13 AM
    the data on my GS3 did work till i updated to 4.1 and now i can only send texts and receive them...but cant receive picture messages or send them.....any one else having the problem???
    01-08-2014 12:00 AM
    I have been looking at a thousand different websites and forums trying to get my Verizon galaxy s3 to get 3g and 4g lte data to work. NOTHING posted has worked.My current APN settings are as followed:
    Name: Straight Talk
    APN:tfdata
    Port:80
    MMSC:http://mms-tf.net
    MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS Port:80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410

This will not work. It's also my husband's phone as well doing the exact same thing. I would greatly appreciate a solution! I just want working internet and Straight Talk is ZERO assistance! They just have me turn my phone off and on 174628 times :-(
    01-09-2014 04:13 PM
    i am still using the at&t s3 i747 and these settings are still working fine for me and i have even upgraded to android 4.3

Name: Straight Talk
    APN:tfdata
    Port:80
    MMSC:http://mms-tf.net
    MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS Port:80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    01-10-2014 04:37 PM
    Roger,

Thanks so much for the post. These were the settings I needed. Have talked to ST customer service several times with no help. Before could send mms but not receive but now all is working great.

Jerry:-)
    01-13-2014 04:15 PM
    Hi, I am new here and I just activated my gs3 today with the byop package and now it isnt receiving pic messages but will send them. I have followed all the advice and setting that are posted and nothing works to fix the receiving part.
    01-13-2014 06:46 PM
    If you have a Samsung Galaxy S2 or S3, that runs on the AT&T network, here are the settings that will work to get your mobile data and mms working again. Now this may be the settings for any phone that runs on the AT&T network, I'm not sure, I can only say that they work for the Samsung version.
    ***USE AT YOUR OWN RISK*** I recommend that if you have sms working and data working to take screen shots of all your current settings before you change anything, that way if it doesn't work for you, you can at least set them back to settings that you had. Hope that this helps you out!

APN
    Name- Straight Talk
    APN- wap.tracfone
    Proxy- Not set
    Port- Not set
    User name- Not set
    Password- Not set
    Server- Not set
    MMSC- http://mmsc.cingular.com/
    MMS proxy- mms2.tracfone.com
    MMS port- 80
    MCC- 310
    MNC- 410
    Authentication type- Not set
    APN type- default,supl,mms (please note; you must enter the APN type exactly like this shows, with no spaces after the commas or it won't work)
    Mike Cheng and allygann730 like this.
    01-14-2014 08:06 PM
    I have had ST for years now and I got an ATT Samsung Galaxy S3 and got the BYOP sim card and my phone works and I have internet just can't send mms or receive them and i have changed my apn settings and everything ST wants to say that it is the phone that everything is fine on there end and that I need to contact AT&T but i tried and because I don't have an account with them or a phone number it won't even let me talk to a tech it hangs up. Anybody have an idea on what I can do to fix it.
    01-15-2014 01:35 PM
    Is your S3 rooted or stock?
    Please note, that in order to be able to change any of your APN settings, you will have to root your phone. And for the record, those idiots in Tech Support at ST are reading a script. They'll have you clear your browser cache, cookies and history, and then have you pull the battery out of your phone. When that doesn't work, they will tell you to do the "Restore phone back to factory settings" option. Which basically formats your phone and then they will tell you're phone should be working in an hour or so, if it doesn't call back and we'll do the same thing again. I told them they were stupid and needed to go phuck themselves, so try the setting I put in my previous post.
    Mike Cheng likes this.
    01-15-2014 04:24 PM
    I got a flash Verizon galaxy s3 sch-i535 at&t draught talk everything works but I can only get Eg is there anything I can do to get 3or4 g
    01-19-2014 12:59 AM
    +1 to TheKingOdysseus. After 2 hours and trying at least 10 different APN settings, the ones he supplied finally worked. And he's absolutely correct about the Straight Talk Customer Service drones - just ask them to scan the piece of paper they're reading from and send it to you to save yourself some time
    01-28-2014 09:21 AM
    Hi I need help with my gs3. I just started straight talk and my internet works and mms too. But I can not get the play store to work. Would you know of a setting for that
    01-29-2014 01:25 AM
160 ... 23456 ...