Straight Talk apn settings for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3

cheerhappy

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Straight talk apn settings for at&t samsung galaxy s3

If anyone can help me with a suggestion it would be appreciated. I have the current settings for my phone with straight talk. when trying to receive pictures it will not download. I can send pics though. HERE is the issue. They (pics) work for about 3 weeks, then go out again. Then they will not work for about 2 weeks. Then over and over this happens almost every month. Any ideas???? This is frustrating and ST can't seem to give me any answers.
I have these settings:
Name=Straight Talk
APN=tfdata
Port=80
MMSC=http://mms-tf.net
MMS proxy=mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port=80

MrsNate2006

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue. First, I was not able to send or receives MMS messages. I removed the APN, and re-entered it, and I can now send MMS messages, but I cannot receive them. Can anyone help with this?

That helpled me with being able to send MMS messages, but I still cannot receive them. Any ideas on how I can fix that? I appreciate the help Roger, as I am at least being able to send them.

I tried these settings again, and took WIFI off, and everythin is working great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicole Norred

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

I have tried all these. I only get data with the apn settings straight talk sent me. But no matter what apn setting I use I can not send mms messages. I am using a att Samsung galaxy s3. Anything you can do to help is appreciated. I am beyond frustrated.

Thanks

tmoto

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Verizon galaxy s3 with AT&T SIM card many apn setting work as far as getting data for wen text talk and sending picture messages but I can not download them also I think I'm on edge 2g Internet speeds I have full bars of service so slow Internet and no downloading picture messages with all the apn settings I've tried

Amanda Dunn1

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Same issue here, been on phone for 30 min and still no cure. Did you ever find the right settings?

imanumber

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Had to join to chime in here, so hi. I've used st for about a year now and have experienced all of the above issues, (outages?, galaxy problems? changing apns, updates that need undone etc.) 2 months ago after finally getting consistent lte, my service was shutoff for nonpay. No biggie, call st automation and its on again. But then noticed the mms picture receiving wouldn't work. Called st, said it was my phone or try another app, I said its an S4 that worked great yesterday, please check your end... Same story nothing worked, however, this billing cycle ended same way, phone shut down for non auto pay. I phoned in the credit card info again, shut OFF phone for 10 minutes, turned back on and be damned if mms picture messaging isn't working again! All that wasted time on hold and politely arguing got me nowhere. I know this is S3 forum but I have the same apns in both of my phones. Before you're convinced by st that your phone is the problem, let it get shut off and it will work.

dcwbis

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

I have an unlocked S3 I747.
I have used:
Name=Straight Talk
APN=tfdata
Port=80
MMS port=80

and the same settings without the first port settting. I have no problem with data, standard text messaging, and I can receive MMS messages, but when I send an MMS message, it show that it is sending, but the message is never received.
I have also tried every other APN setting in this thread. With the others I have no data access.
Does anyone have any other options?

XylerAston

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I have a problem that most of you don't seem to have. Under mobile networks I have no APN and no way to add one. Can someone please help?

Lkpott226

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

So excited....I did an update to my phone and lost all data capabilities....thanks to your post my phone is in working order again. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

natedog2677

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

Hello, i just wanted to let you know that this did not work for me at first; until l went back and edited my current apn settings that you gave here and I had to put 80 in bot port lines PORT & MMS PORT I have a At&t Samsung Galaxy S3 version 4.3 SGH-I747 everything is working great now. I thought if people were still having data problems with this model that it was a good thing to know and at least try.

Sarah Beaman

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

I have an unlocked S3 I747.
I have used:
Name=Straight Talk
APN=tfdata
Port=80
MMS port=80

and the same settings without the first port settting. I have no problem with data, standard text messaging, and I can receive MMS messages, but when I send an MMS message, it show that it is sending, but the message is never received.
I have also tried every other APN setting in this thread. With the others I have no data access.
Does anyone have any other options?

We've had no luck with that with my husbands phone, until he downloaded an app called HANDCENT. Then his phone was able to download picture messages no problem!
Before then he was only able to send them.

hichew07

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I need help... im taking all of this advice but none of it is working because when I try to go to my apn setting I cant click on anything besides the apn and when I try to chnage the apn i cant click on anything else and i dont know why its doing that. It's extremely frusturating so if someone could help that would be great!

Chris Gilbert

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

the data on my GS3 did work till i updated to 4.1 and now i can only send texts and receive them...but cant receive picture messages or send them.....any one else having the problem???

tarabroughton

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

I have been looking at a thousand different websites and forums trying to get my Verizon galaxy s3 to get 3g and 4g lte data to work. NOTHING posted has worked.My current APN settings are as followed:
Name: Straight Talk
APN:tfdata
Port:80
MMSC:http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port:80
MCC:310
MNC:410

This will not work. It's also my husband's phone as well doing the exact same thing. I would greatly appreciate a solution! I just want working internet and Straight Talk is ZERO assistance! They just have me turn my phone off and on 174628 times :-(

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

i am still using the at&t s3 i747 and these settings are still working fine for me and i have even upgraded to android 4.3

Name: Straight Talk
APN:tfdata
Port:80
MMSC:http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port:80
MCC:310
MNC:410

Jerry Davis

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

Roger,

Thanks so much for the post. These were the settings I needed. Have talked to ST customer service several times with no help. Before could send mms but not receive but now all is working great.

Jerry:)