I hope someone can help me! I have had my Galaxy SIII for 6 months and all I do is rave about it, until now! Once or twice a day the screen will not come on when I press the home key and I have to take out the battery to reset the phone. I have seen on other forums that I should do a factory reset but I really dont want to do this unless absolutely necessary. If anyone has any other ideas please do share. I downloaded the facebook launcher app some time ago, which made the phone slow so I uninstalled it and the screen problem started a few days after that, not sure if this has anything to do with it. Also, a couple of times a week the phone reboots itself.
    Would appreciate help
    06-11-2013 07:31 AM
    Hello

I'm going to guess you are updated to the most current version available for the S3 of Android OS. When you did so you probably haven't performed any factory resets, etc? Normally when problems arise soon or after a major OS update that is the first recommendation. Since this seemed to happen after installing the FB launcher, is there anything else FB update related that could be still sitting on your phone? You could poke around your App Manager and see if anything looks out of place related to FB.

If you did have to go the route of a factory reset you could use Helium (formerly known as Carbon Backup) to make a backup of your device to preserve your information then do your factory reset.
    06-11-2013 08:50 AM