Different accounts for apps and gmail

nathanmclennan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Newb question and sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I've got a rooted s3 running Cryogen. I want to give this to my wife so she has access to all my apps and the Play Store but not my gmail account. Is this possible?

Regards

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Newb question and sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I've got a rooted s3 running Cryogen. I want to give this to my wife so she has access to all my apps and the Play Store but not my gmail account. Is this possible?

Regards

Not easily, no. The apps are tied to the Google account, and having it authorized on the device grants access to use it (typically) on any Google apps. Do you mean to provide the ability to download apps that you purchased, or do you want to have some apps that both of you can edit and have sync across two devices?

nathanmclennan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Not easily, no. The apps are tied to the Google account, and having it authorized on the device grants access to use it (typically) on any Google apps. Do you mean to provide the ability to download apps that you purchased, or do you want to have some apps that both of you can edit and have sync across two devices?

Yes. I've got my apps on my tablet, my new HTC One and the old s3. Essentially I just want to give her my old phone with the existing settings, just her email accessible and mine deleted.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I've got my apps on my tablet, my new HTC One and the old s3. Essentially I just want to give her my old phone with the existing settings, just her email accessible and mine deleted.

You can change the Google Account very easily, however when you retract yours from the S3, access to any paid apps will follow it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae