Yahoo weather and Tango excessive data?

aceniza

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
i got a notification yesterday that i was approaching 2gb of data

when i checked , i was shocked to see that Weather and Tango were through the roof!

is never had this problem before, and haven't been using Tango. i use the weather widget but like i said, is been using it for a long time and nothing has changed

uploadfromtaptalk1371219762779.jpg

any ideas?
-Armand
Sent from my Apple Galaxy Note 5

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i got a notification yesterday that i was approaching 2gb of data

when i checked , i was shocked to see that Weather and Tango were through the roof!

is never had this problem before, and haven't been using Tango. i use the weather widget but like i said, is been using it for a long time and nothing has changed

View attachment 71358

any ideas?
-Armand
Sent from my Apple Galaxy Note 5

You can go into Settings>Application Manager>swipe over to all apps. Once there you can scroll down to Yahoo Weather. Click on the app and it will open up to the Application Information screen. You should see 2 buttons; Force Stop and Disable/Uninstall updates. Uninstall updates needs to be done first in order to disable an app. So click on uninstall. It will revert back to the factory version, and you may have to reopen the app info screen. Once there again, you should see disable as the other button. Click that, it will give you a warning, and click OK.

Yahoo is now disabled, and won't be drawing any more data.

You can now do the same thing with Tango, and any other app you believe to be bloatware. If you are in doubt, leave it be.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
From the data manager screen you show here, touch the app and scroll down. You can tell it to restrict background. After that, the app will work when you open it, but stop churning data when not in use.

Posted via Android Central App