Customise Week Days

Eightysevens

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
In the alarm section of my galaxy iii mini it states Sunday as being the 1st day of the week, when to me it is the last day, the end of the weekend. How can I chage this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
In the alarm section of my galaxy iii mini it states Sunday as being the 1st day of the week, when to me it is the last day, the end of the weekend. How can I chage this?

Welcome to the forums!
I looked on my S3, and I can't change it. You probably can't, being a fixed setting in the ROM.

Eightysevens

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
In England paper calendars rarely start the week with a Sunday. It's a new phenomena to me. I grew up with Sunday being the last day of the weekend. There must be a cultural, religious or scientific reason for Sunday being ommitted from the weekend in this case, and being placed at the start of the week.
I think more to match a paper calendar.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Eightysevens

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
It's Jewish, Islamic and Christian, according to Wikipedia. It's a religious thing.
The international standard ISO 8601 for Representation of dates and times states that Monday is the first day of the week. This method of representing dates and times unambiguously was first published in 1988.

In England paper calendars rarely start the week with a Sunday. It's a new phenomena to me. I grew up with Sunday being the last day of the weekend. There must be a cultural, religious or scientific reason for Sunday being ommitted from the weekend in this case, and being placed at the start of the week.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

You mean in the alarm where you pick the days you want the alarm to go off? Does it really make a difference?

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have to agree growing up in the us I've always known Sunday starts the week technically I mean mon is the first day of work, school etc but the formal start would be sun

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours

Eightysevens

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
You mean in the alarm where you pick the days you want the alarm to go off? Does it really make a difference?

Somewhat; having always had calendars with monday in 'square 1' my eye naturally follows that order. I'll get used to it, no biggie, it's always good to learn something new.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield