Gentlemen, spent some days doing my research to avoid the predicament I find myself in. A new Samsung S4 i545 that is bricked!

I have tried to re-flash it with the stock image using Odin and the i545.pit file. It will not break the loop. I can boot into Odin download mode, but cannot proceed to recovery!. I believe the boot loader is trashed. Removing the battery and attempting a recovery boot is of no use. I think I need to rebuild the boot sector like on a PC's hard drive, but how?

Thanks
    06-19-2013 09:11 PM
    Gentlemen, spent some days doing my research to avoid the predicament I find myself in. A new Samsung S4 i545 that is bricked!

I have tried to re-flash it with the stock image using Odin and the i545.pit file. It will not break the loop. I can boot into Odin download mode, but cannot proceed to recovery!. I believe the boot loader is trashed. Removing the battery and attempting a recovery boot is of no use. I think I need to rebuild the boot sector like on a PC's hard drive, but how?

Thanks
    Welcome to the forums!

Counter question: What was done that resulted in this? Did you try flashing a new ROM?
    06-19-2013 10:45 PM
    Umm, doesn't the S4 have its own forum? You might have more luck there, particularly if you're fiddling with Odin and ROM files.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    06-20-2013 02:16 AM
    Yes, that is what I was trying to do using TWRP. I was able to recover by using this procedure [GUIDE] No-Wipe Factory Image (Restore from any soft-brick without wiping data) - xda-developers.
    This time I used ROM manager and bricked it again! For right now I am backing off and not push my luck.

I posted in this forum since I found nothing relevant in the S4 forum. Hopefully a moderator will move the thread.
    06-21-2013 12:06 AM
    Yes, that is what I was trying to do using TWRP. I was able to recover by using this procedure [GUIDE] No-Wipe Factory Image (Restore from any soft-brick without wiping data) - xda-developers.
    This time I used ROM manager and bricked it again! For right now I am backing off and not push my luck.

I posted in this forum since I found nothing relevant in the S4 forum. Hopefully a moderator will move the thread.
    Which carrier do you have?

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3
    06-21-2013 08:58 AM
    I am with Verizon
    06-25-2013 12:12 AM
    There should be a sticky on this site that must be read before anyone can register. That sticky should say NEVER, EVER trust ROM manager. It will happily let you download ROMs that don't work on your specific phone. Many people call it ROM mangler for that very reason. In the future, verify for yourself that the ROM you want to use is designed for your exact model of phone and carrier, and download it directly from the ROM developer's web site, or XDA, not through ROM Manger.

Oh, and post in the right forum.
    06-25-2013 02:53 PM