My S3 doesn't receive input anymore! It looks like the phone works fine, but I can not write anything. Hence, can not insert PIN, initiate backup etc. Has bought a new phone and only needs to access some apps to transfer data (all that's in Google Play is OK). Can I operate it remotely from my PC, for instance? Any tips?
    06-22-2013 01:39 AM
    My S3 doesn't receive input anymore! It looks like the phone works fine, but I can not write anything. Hence, can not insert PIN, initiate backup etc. Has bought a new phone and only needs to access some apps to transfer data (all that's in Google Play is OK). Can I operate it remotely from my PC, for instance? Any tips?
    Welcome to Android Central, was your device rooted. If it was not I do not think there is a way to do so.
    06-22-2013 03:27 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull (leave the battery out for a couple of minutes) to see if this resolves the problem?

Unfortunately, that's one of the limitations of having security enabled - if the touchscreen stops responding, there's no way to enter the security key (Pattern, PIN, password) to be able to access the contents of the phone. There may be a way to accomplish that using ADB or the development environment but I'm not knowledgeable in that area, sorry.

You could try booting in Recovery mode (with the phone turned completely off, press and hold the Volume Up & Home & Power buttons simultaneously - once you see the splash screen you can release them all) and wiping the cache, but I'm doubtful that will help in this instance.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    06-22-2013 10:50 AM
    I type but its very slow and looks like its blocked. Yellow box comes up first before constantly tapping. How do I unblock?
    08-01-2013 07:10 PM
    I'm not sure what you're trying to describe.
    Is this weird behavior happening during boot up?
    Only when you're using the keyboard to type?
    Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?
    Which keyboard are you using?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-02-2013 12:02 AM