S3 and exFAT file system?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a 64GB micro SD now that they've gotten reasonably cheap. In reading through a bunch of old threads, it appears that exFAT (which is how most 64GB cards come formatted) didn't really work with the S3. Anyone know if 4.1.2 fixes this? Is anyone successfully using a 64GB SD formatted as exFAT with the S3?

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a 64GB micro SD now that they've gotten reasonably cheap. In reading through a bunch of old threads, it appears that exFAT (which is how most 64GB cards come formatted) didn't really work with the S3. Anyone know if 4.1.2 fixes this? Is anyone successfully using a 64GB SD formatted as exFAT with the S3?

Thanks.

I have seen in other threads that reformatting it to the other format (FAT32?) works a little better. From what I understand, it is more due to Microsoft licencing, than an inability to utilize the format. But I think the exFAT is connected to SDXC cards (not totally sure about that one though). Samsung has an 64GB card on their site....64GB microSD Card MB-MGCGB Pro Series | Samsung Memory & Storage

pgellen Anderson

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
i bought 2 64gb sd cards and when i put them in i noticed that my google music subscription downloaded albums did some funny things. first and randomly, google would say that the sd card had been removed and would wait until i clicked on the right setting and then google would begin downloading all of it again. so, i could never listen to the music because of that and all my phone did for 2 months was download or try to download music.
i went back to a 32gb card. its just easier for now. you would think they would be ahead on this issue because they sell a lot of 64gb cards but no.
pgellen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty