I think I bricked my S3!

Seth Stancil

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Posting this here because I'm not sure if the US cellular subform gets enough traffic to find an answer,

So I tried following a rooting guide for the S3 without realizing that the model it was for was the international version and not the US cellular version. My phone is now stuck on the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in Kies and try again". When I connect to Kies it just keeps trying to connect to the device and will eventually say there was a problem with connecting to the device. I can however still put my phone in download mode, I'm not sure if that makes any difference here, any help would be greatly appreciated!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you can boot to download, you're not truly bricked. You need to find a known good ROM (I'd start with the OEM ROM in a .tar form, and install that with Odin. I don't know where to get the OEM US Cellular ROM, though.

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, the US and International variants have different partitions or something of that nature. It bricks the device pretty bad. I don't know how bad or if it is recoverable.

Start searching...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital