Is the s3 a good device for lots of reading?

Adarsh Gopinath

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

My line of work requires that I read a lot of pdfs. My primary device is an Ipad 4. I am in the market for a phone to replace my lumia 710. The s3 is within my budget (unlocked, outright purchase). I remember reading an article which made it sound like amoled displays might produce fuzzy/blurry text. Is this the case? If I do buy this phone I do not plan on rooting or putting custom roms to modify hardware settings.

I am drawn to s3 for its expandable memory, optimum screen size and replicable battery and the android os.

Your help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

My line of work requires that I read a lot of pdfs. My primary device is an Ipad 4. I am in the market for a phone to replace my lumia 710. The s3 is within my budget (unlocked, outright purchase). I remember reading an article which made it sound like amoled displays might produce fuzzy/blurry text. Is this the case? If I do buy this phone I do not plan on rooting or putting custom roms to modify hardware settings.

I am drawn to s3 for its expandable memory, optimum screen size and replicable battery and the android os.

Your help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the blurry reports are a little misled. Most of the blurriness that can be seen is with a magnifying glass. I have no problems reading any kind of text and any size font on my S3.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I read a lot of pdf's on my S3 and have no issue. The only issue I have with this device is not being able to see the screen very well in the sun. Other than that, great device.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Get a Galaxy Note instead

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't have an issue reading text. But if your PDF's are technical documents, which images, drawings, flowcharts, etc., you may find it hard to see those without a lot of scrolling around.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an issue reading text. But if your PDF's are technical documents, which images, drawings, flowcharts, etc., you may find it hard to see those without a lot of scrolling around.

This

Exactly why I recommend a Galaxy Note 1 or 2

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz