This phone was new from ATT purchased for $199 the beginning of this month, June 2013. It was brand new not refurb.

I dropped it out of the truck... then stepped on it when I got out...

The glass is shattered, not cracked, shattered. Little pieces of glass have been falling out and when I power it on the phone vibrates but you cant see the screen at all. The little blue LED light turns on, but thats about it.

I was wondering if I have to only replace the galaxy s3 screen. Which I've seen only cost around $20 at most. Or if I have to actually replace the LCD and all that, because that could cost $200+ and I'm just wondering whats the actually damage of the phone.

Heres a picture.

06-28-2013 12:43 AM
    The problem with the $20 fix is that you have to find a way to separate the glass from the LCD, which may prove to be difficult since like the new iPhones, I think they're glued together. If I'm wrong about that, you're still going to run into issues of getting dust between the glass and LCD which would be a nuisance. Besides that, since you mentioned the screen doesn't even come on, it looks like a full LCD is needed.
    06-28-2013 01:05 AM
    ledfrog is correct. People want thinner and thinner phones, and that makes them more integrated and harder and harder to repair. Some people have managed to separate the glass from the LCD and reassemble them, with varying degrees of success. Search youtube and you'll probably find some videos on the process.
    ledfrog likes this.
    06-28-2013 08:04 AM
    You mentioned the blue LED coming on - does the phone make the normal sounds when it boots up (from a fully off state)? If not, you may have damaged more than the screen/LCD.
    Since you apparently don't have insurance your best bet might be to send the whole thing to Samsung for repair.
    And whichever route you choose, be sure to invest in a good case.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    06-28-2013 11:28 AM