Phone wont work

marias7

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
So my phone battery died around 5 days ago, because my old charger had broken. I have bought a new one, but when I connect it to the phone, it doesn't respond. No flashing light, nothing. I tried taking out the battery and then putting it back in,and the Battery symbol came on for about second before switching off again. I tried doing the same thing again but got nothing...It wont switch on at all, not even in recovery mode. Does anyone have any suggestions as it was working fine before the battery died.
Thanks

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If u have a warranty, it's best to take it to your carrier and ask what they should do

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
How long did you leave it hooked up to charge? If you truly drained the battery to zero, it's going to take a while for it to have enough of a charge to power the phone. Plug it in, leave the phone OFF, and let it charge for an hour. Then see if it will power on.

marias7

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: It seems to be responding now. Sorry I don't know how to best describe it, but you know when it's off and you put it on charge and the green battery shows up? It comes up for a moment and then switches off, and then comes on again, repeatedly. I'm no techie so I have no idea what/why it's doing this

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: It seems to be responding now. Sorry I don't know how to best describe it, but you know when it's off and you put it on charge and the green battery shows up? It comes up for a moment and then switches off, and then comes on again, repeatedly. I'm no techie so I have no idea what/why it's doing this

Oh ok, u probably weren't holding the button long enough

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
A couple of thoughts: The battery could have been damaged when it discharged completely, but this seems unlikely. Your new charger could be defective, but two bad chargers in a row seems unlikely, although not impossible.

ALL micro USB chargers put out 5 volts, and are safe to use with any device that has a micro USB charging port. Can you try your chargers on a different device and see if they work with it? Do you know anyone else with an S3 you can use to try to charge your battery? You might also go by your carrier store, if you bought the phone from a carrier, and see if they have any s3 batteries lying around you can try.

I'm thinking the charging port on your phone could be broken, but until you can try a different battery or charger, or try your battery in a different phone, I'm just guessing..

marias7

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
A couple of thoughts: The battery could have been damaged when it discharged completely, but this seems unlikely. Your new charger could be defective, but two bad chargers in a row seems unlikely, although not impossible.

ALL micro USB chargers put out 5 volts, and are safe to use with any device that has a micro USB charging port. Can you try your chargers on a different device and see if they work with it? Do you know anyone else with an S3 you can use to try to charge your battery? You might also go by your carrier store, if you bought the phone from a carrier, and see if they have any s3 batteries lying around you can try.

I'm thinking the charging port on your phone could be broken, but until you can try a different battery or charger, or try your battery in a different phone, I'm just guessing..

After taking what you said on board I played around with the positioning of the charger and It manages to come on if held/placed in a certain position and is now charging...I'll probably leave it there till it's fully charged now, but I hear these things aren't cheap to repair...:/ I have no option though my phone wasn't exactly cheap so I can't just replace it.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I own a few phones, s4,htc one, note 2 don't laugh iphone5 and am waiting till July 17th to buy a experia z but my point is the suggestion about the external charger and a few batt is the best one and that's where my Samsung shines with removable batt even though since venom viporone rom came out I can't put my bombe down :p

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps you should try one of these:ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy S III 7000mAh Extended Battery + Free Black Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AKZWGAC...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2889671
along with one of these:
Travel External Dock Battery Charger For Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FP9WD8...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2889671
With a battery this big you won't have to charge it very often, reducing the hassle of swapping it out. Heck, for that price, buy two batteries and leave one charging while the other is in use.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps you should try one of these:ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy S III 7000mAh Extended Battery + Free Black Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AKZWGAC...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2889772
along with one of these:
Travel External Dock Battery Charger For Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FP9WD8...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2889772
With a battery this big you won't have to charge it very often, reducing the hassle of swapping it out. Heck, for that price, buy two batteries and leave one charging while the other is in use.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

#TeamZeroLemon!!!

MoneySaver11

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Don't waste your money trying to fix it either @ a repair shop i had mine fixed got the phone back had it 2 mos max and it broke again BS! did a little research this girl was on the money why not too waste your money

http://www.squidoo.com/universal-cell-phone-battery-charger

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon