About an Unresponsive Touch Screen

James Howden

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung dropped in the water and I pulled it straight out, and removed power, did the whole rice thing.

It starts the menu and other lights work but the screen does not.

If however, I push on the touch screen or apply pressure in a certain way, the whole screen flickers and appears normal but will go blank again as soon as I let go.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Your only options are to put in back in rice for a couple of days, wait, and hope; send it off for repair; or buy a new phone.

How long did you leave it in rice?

ian conno

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have just replaced my sgs3I900,lcd touch screen,digitzer+screen,bought off e-bay.The thing is one minute it works perfectly,then the next the touch screen wont scroll/respond to inputs?Its driving me crazy,one minute its perfect the next it wont respond?!I have to go to stand by mode,then try again,any advise,tips?Thanks.

Joyal Abraham

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am facing a similar problem with my Samsung GS3 after it got wet. I did the TRI BUTTON reset but cant get past the initialization screen because the touch screen doesn't respond. Everything else seems to be fine. Speakers are fine, the phone boots. But there is another problem, the the touch sensitive back button ( on the right side of the home button ) works fine but keeps flickering. what could be wrong ? And I also wanted to know if replacing the LCD and digitizer is the only option or is there is a cheaper solution as the screen and the digitizer cost a fortune!!

I would really appreciate any help as I really want to get my phone working asap.

Thanks

iblankm

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever get the answer to your question? I have the same problem: my screen works one minute perfectly and then stops entirely. Any advice?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown