Recent photos have become 'unreadable' JPGs

pgh13

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm relatively new to Android and this is my first post here, so hello to everyone!

About 20 photos taken recently and saved to micro SD card are not viewable. They are reporting the correct date and time and a realistic size, but I have looked at them with a hex editor and they contain only '00' characters. I can't speak for all of them, but several pics that I viewed at the time have since become invalid. It's a 32GB cheapy unbranded card, so I'm wondering if that's the culprit. No errors are reported so don't think it's the frazzled card that I've seen on these pages. As a precaution, I've ordered a replacement Samsung bradned card, but what does the team think?

TIA

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
As another precaution try Cloud Drive: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.amazon.clouddrive.photos (or any similar cloud-based app that meets your requirements for privacy).

Frankly, I wouldn't trust that SDCard any longer. Copy everything off; reformat it in the phone; reset your storage preferences for pictures/videos back to the internal storage; only use the SDCard as overflow or for stuff that you can recreate (music, etc).
Edit: I always forget this part - WELCOME to the forums and Android!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

pgh13

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that. I'd normally have them upload to dropbox but, being out of the country, had mobile data switched off :(

Today, I'd removed the SDCard and put it into a converter in my laptop and I seem to have 'lost' a few more compared to what did upload to dropbox once I'd got home so feeling fairly sure my diagnosis was correct

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith