I have a GT-I9300.

Was on stock ROM. A few weeks ago, it started rebooting randomly. I couldn't see a pattern. I tried rooting it to see if it would make a difference. It worked for a day, then went back to rebooting.

This weekend it started rebooting on a 6 second loop. As soon as you put in the battery (i.e. without pressing the power button), it will show the Samsung logo. Then it will disappear and reload the Samsung logo repeat ad infinitum.

I'm pretty sure it's a hardware fault, as ODIN mode can be loaded by pressing vol down and home ONLY (with no power button). And it will reset off the warning page after 6 seconds.

But I'm worried that since I rooted it to try and fix it, the system will show it's been modified.

Any suggestions before I send it in for warranty? I have tried the leaving it in rice trick in case it was water damage but no luck after 24 hours.
    07-02-2013 11:07 AM
    "in case it was water damage" - that's a strange thing to be concerned about, unless there's been an encounter with water that you haven't mentioned.
    Anyway, it pretty much sounds like you're screwed. If the phone is rebooting while in Download mode you won't have a chance to reload the stock ROM, so you'll just have to send it in and hope that they have the same problem and can't determine that it was rooted.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    07-02-2013 11:52 AM
    I live in a humid country (Hong Kong) so its not unheard of. I haven't dropped it in the toilet or anything. Thanks for your help. Fingers crossed.
    07-02-2013 12:09 PM
    For anyone else reading this, I wouldn't think of rooting as the first thing to try if your phone is having issues. Rooting isn't magic.

If something's wrong with your phone, try to figure out what it is, rather than jumping to conclusions and randomly trying things. If you want to jump to anything, try a factory reset. At least it doesn't have the potential to make things worse.
    07-02-2013 03:02 PM
    I have a GT-I9300.

Was on stock ROM. A few weeks ago, it started rebooting randomly. I couldn't see a pattern. I tried rooting it to see if it would make a difference. It worked for a day, then went back to rebooting.

This weekend it started rebooting on a 6 second loop. As soon as you put in the battery (i.e. without pressing the power button), it will show the Samsung logo. Then it will disappear and reload the Samsung logo repeat ad infinitum.

I'm pretty sure it's a hardware fault, as ODIN mode can be loaded by pressing vol down and home ONLY (with no power button). And it will reset off the warning page after 6 seconds.

But I'm worried that since I rooted it to try and fix it, the system will show it's been modified.

Any suggestions before I send it in for warranty? I have tried the leaving it in rice trick in case it was water damage but no luck after 24 hours.
    U should have sent it in before rooting

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    07-02-2013 03:39 PM