I used to play Candy Crush a lot and therefore messed up my cell phone's date to quickly get extra lives (ah, the life of a candy crush addict :c ).

The only way I can read my incoming texts and the texts I send to others is if I change my phone's date to November 3, 2013. Is there a way to switch back to the actual date while being able to read my texts? Anytime I use the automatic date and time, whatever text message I type would pop up for a second and disappear after pressing enter. The person would receive my text, however their reply would not show up in my messages.

I usually use Go SMS pro, however this problem still arises when I use the Messaging function that automatically comes with the S3.

Thank you for your help!
    07-03-2013 03:56 PM
    I believe they have a support group for that game; or perhaps your friends will do an intervention.

If you go into the stock Messaging app (and GoSMS for good measure) in the Application manager and clear the cache and data for each app (you'll lose all of your SMS/MMS), then reset the date to automatic, I'd expect things to start working.
    If that doesn't work then do a Factory Reset and start over.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    caramellex likes this.
    07-03-2013 04:20 PM
    just delete the date that were advanced on your sms... or delete all the messages... the txt were there its just hidden because the date were advadvanced
    08-05-2013 08:43 AM
    I'm having the same trouble but with Samsung galaxy S4 and don't know what to do, Could someone please help?
    10-13-2013 07:04 PM
    burky_123,
    You're having the same problem - you're a Candy Crush addict and have manipulated the date on your phone to get extra lives (or points or whatever) and now you're having problems sending/receiving SMS?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    10-13-2013 11:41 PM
    Yes. I am also a candy crush addict and had this problem. The issue is you ARE getting your texts and they ARE in the thread but they are further up in the thread. When you change the date back to the "real date" they go to the chronological right place. So if you sent some on candy crush time december 21 and then changed the date back to the real date (say today nov 21) instead of going to the bottom they shoot up the thread to where nov 21 is. Easy fix though!

1.Go to the thread you want to see
    2. hit menu
    3.hit delete messages
    4.hit delete by selection.

Once you do that delete all the ones at the bottom ( the ones that are set at future dates). You will eventually see the new ones that you weren't originally able to see.

It's a simple fix!
    11-21-2013 05:28 PM