Hey guys, I'm doing a warranty replacement on my Galaxy S3. I'm running a rooted stock ROM. ("stock" meaning the latest official Touchwiz ROM from TMobile) In the interest of saving time, I'd like to get my new replacement phone up and running as quickly as possible so I just wanted to throw this by the experts to make sure I'm not missing anything.

1. Perform a nandroid backup of my existing phone. (to SD card)
    2. Put SIM card in new phone, and root it. (using the same method I used to root my current phone)
    3. Install clockwork recovery on new phone.
    4. Put the SD card in the new phone, and restore the nandroid backup.
    5. Factory reset the old phone and ship back to tmobile.

I think this should all be pretty straightforward, but I've never actually had to restore a nandroid backup before. I assume a nandroid backup is a full bit-for-bit image right? Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions Thanks!
    07-07-2013 02:30 PM
    You might consider resetting the flash counter and unrooting the old phone before you send it back.

And I would DEFINITELY make a nandroid backup of the new phone before restoring your old backup, just in case something goes wrong restoring to a different phone.
    eagle63 likes this.
    07-07-2013 07:30 PM
    Both good points, thanks. Supposedly the root method I used on my current phone didn't trip the flash counter, but I'll have to double-check that.
    07-08-2013 08:43 PM