New Startup Screen Change

BigSky13

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I've searched and can't find the on point answer I need. I have a Galaxy SIII. I recently installed some new apps and was making some adjustments. When I got done I noticed I have a new problem. After the lock screen I used to type in my security code, click "O.K." and it would take me to my home screen. Now, after I type in my security code and click "O.K." it immediately takes me to the google voice search screen. I have searched all of my settings to find the easy fix and cannot. Can anybody tell me how to remedy this issue? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I recently installed some new apps and was making some adjustments. ...
Can anybody tell me how to remedy this issue?
Uninstall the recently installed apps; reverse the adjustments.

Frankly, you haven't given us much to go on. Without knowing what apps you installed or what these "adjustments" were, it's unlikely that anyone will be able to help you, unless they recognize the problem symptom.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is part of the stock ROM or not, since I'm using a custom one (MOAR - For Sprint Only). Anyway, in the lock screen options, do you have an option for a Wake-Up Command? If so, is it set to execute gNow, or Google Search, on startup?

BigSky13

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, I assumed I gave enough information if there was a simple setting I was missing. Since that clearly is not the case, I can provide more. I downloaded about 30 apps. If I had to narrow it down to one or two I would assume it is the result of Widget Locker and NiLS. I downloaded these to overcome Verizon's removal of the notification bubbles from their lockscreen. Combined, they work great for showing me notifications that have come in. My problem clearly arose after the installation and implementation of these two apps. Thanks again in advance.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It might help someone else in the future if you elaborated on what you figured out. Was it one of the two apps that you listed?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

BigSky13

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
It might help someone else in the future if you elaborated on what you figured out. Was it one of the two apps that you listed?

Good idea and yes it was. Actually it was Widget Locker which was a necessary app to install in order to use NiLS. I could not find a way within Widget Locker to modify the buttons/sliders; but, I figured there had to be a way. I went to Widget Locker and it popped up my lock screen with the three sliders and I pressed held on, I think the center one, which took me to the screen that would allow me to assign apps for each of the three sliders. I was then able to make one of the three just an "unlock", one of the three a "phone launcher" and one of the three to "g-mail". I may even set one back to the "google voice search launch" now that I know I can do a straight unlock. I hope I explained that clearly enough. If not, let me know and I will try to do better. Note, from the normal locked screen I could not do the press and hold modification I mentioned above. I had to launch the actual app, which took me to the exact same screen, which then allowed me to do the setting of the various application launchers in the manner I described.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey