Hello! Wondering if anyone has any advice here. My verizon Galaxy S3 has been giving me some issues lately (slow, freezing, getting messages saying I need to delete files due to lack of memory space, etc.) Yesterday, the battery ran out. When I plug it into the wall charger, it will either show me an intermittent grey circle (indicating empty battery)or a fully charged green battery, even though it has only been 10 mins or so (obviously not long enough to achieve a fully charged battery). When I get the green fully charged battery signal, I power it on and it goes on for a split second and then the screen immediately goes black. Does this sound like a battery issue to you or something more serious? It is not an issue with the wall charger and I have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. I mainly use my phone for talking, texting and taking photos of my two small kids. Do you also know if my photos would have been automatically saved to the SD card or to the internal memory of this phone. I just went on my G+ and noticed that my photos stopped instantly uploading on May 1st (probably due to this storage warning I have been getting). My main concern is getting off the photos of my new baby from May and June that I thought were being automatically backed up....ughhh this is so frustrating! Thanks in advance for any tips and tricks!
    07-11-2013 07:02 AM
    I believe it to be the battery issue. Since you tried to turn the phone on after charging for 10 minutes but failed, it shows that the battery could not be charged.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    doomarq likes this.
    07-11-2013 07:33 AM
    Also if the battery completely depleted it could take as much as an hour to get enough charge to turn the phone back on.
    doomarq likes this.
    07-11-2013 10:21 PM
    First off, your photos/videos would have been saved wherever you configured the Camera app to save them. If you never specifically set the destination to be your SDCard then the default is to the internal storage.

Second, even if you have the 16GB version, that should be plenty of storage UNLESS you're storing a ton of music there, or have been going wild with video capture, or have installed some really large games (there are some out there that will chew up a GB or more). Does any of that sound familiar?

Third, I doubt that your battery is the cause of your problem. It could only be around a year old at most, and there hasn't been a rash of batteries going bad. It's more likely that your charger or cable is the culprit, so try a completely different set and see what happens.

Once you have a charged battery you'll need to find out what is eating up your storage. You can try DiskUsage: http://market.android.com/details?id...roid.diskusage which will give you a graphical view of the biggest users.

Then go into the Camera app, press the gear icon, scroll down to Storage and set it to Memory card. (Note that if you take burst photos, those will still get saved to the internal storage - kind of dumb, but that's the way it is, so just be aware of it.)

You may want to try Cloud Drive: http://market.android.com/details?id...uddrive.photos as an alternate to Google+.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    07-12-2013 12:08 AM
    Thanks all....sadly, my phone still will not turn on. I was able to rescue about 1000 photos from my micro SD drive in the phone, but I still haven't found a way to rescue the rest of my photos. They must have been saved to the internal hard drive of the phone. Does anyone know if there is a service that will help you recover data from a broken phone hard drive? Thanks !
    07-12-2013 01:45 PM
    Well, replacement batteries are relatively cheap. If you don't know anyone that has an S3 that you could swap batteries with then perhaps you should buy one.

I don't think you can get anything off the internal memory until you get the phone powered up.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    07-12-2013 02:00 PM
    Thanks all....sadly, my phone still will not turn on. I was able to rescue about 1000 photos from my micro SD drive in the phone, but I still haven't found a way to rescue the rest of my photos. They must have been saved to the internal hard drive of the phone. Does anyone know if there is a service that will help you recover data from a broken phone hard drive? Thanks !
    Have you tried booting the phone with another battery? Perhaps if you have a friend using the same phone as yours, you can borrow his battery to rescue all your photos and personal stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-13-2013 12:48 AM
    I'm having the same problem ,but have tried 2 batteries and it made no difference. I can get it to boot only if it's connected to a electrical outlet, not a computer. Then it shuts off after the wallpaper shows up. Did you ever get that resolved ? Mine is 13 mos old and out of warranty. Thanks
    08-14-2013 09:29 PM
    matty10066,
    If you can boot in Recovery mode you can try clearing the cache.
    If that doesn't work then I'd suggest booting in Download mode and using the Kies software on your PC to reload the firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    08-15-2013 01:58 AM
    I had a similar problem, no charge, quicck discharge, bad starting etc. The shop said it was a charging socket problem, that a replacement of that part was necessary. Using a pin i then played in that socket to remove any dust or anything that could have been there. The problem has then totally disappeared. Make sure you try this.
    01-08-2014 01:19 PM