GS3: person on other end of call can't hear me

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi I maybe in the wrong forum but can anyone tell me why my samsung 3 callers cannot hear me nor when I call them. I can hear them normally, this happened a month ago got fixed any bingo gone again.
Know I will have to take it back and this time I want a new handset but has anyone had this problem too.cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung 3 faulty again

Hi I maybe in the wrong forum but can anyone tell me why my samsung 3 callers cannot hear me nor when I call them. I can hear them normally, this happened a month ago got fixed any bingo gone again.
Know I will have to take it back and this time I want a new handset but has anyone had this problem too.cheers

This is the first I have heard of this kind of problem, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I think you may have a hardware problem, meaning you should get a different device.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Just to be clear - if you call someone, they cannot hear you but you can hear them just fine, right? What happens if someone calls you instead - the same thing?
Next, you make it sound like at one point the problem was fixed, and then it started happening again. What was the fix?
Finally, from within the Phone app, have you unchecked Call settings -> Additional settings -> Noise reduction?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have seen this in other forums. Their problem turned out to be trash/dust bunnies in the mic hole at the bottom of the phone.

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my Galaxy Note II. I don't think my problem is the microphone because it only happens when I call someone. I do not have this problem if I receive a call from even the same phone that the person couldn't hear me when I called moment ago.

When I took it to T-Mobile, they did not even bother to diagnose and asked me to factory reset the phone or replace the phone. I hate to go through setting up all over again with a new phone. I am not talking about backup and restore. I am talking about the setting up the phone including apps, e-mail settings, etc.. Does anyone know how to solve this problem without factory reset or new phone?

Or, is it possible to backup the phone, factory reset, and restore the phone that would bring my phone exactly the same setup that I used to have?

I accidently found a quick temporary solution...
If I place a call immediately after restarting the phone (power off/on) then it works every time.
Could someone tell me what the problem is and its remedy please?

Last edited:

Lynne Hartley

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I am having that problem with the Note II also. I just got a replacement phone because I reported it to Best Buy where I bought the phone, and they replaced the phone, and it was fine the first night, but the next day (today) I cannot make calls at all - the call connects, and the other person answers, but I cannot hear them and they cannot hear me. What was happening before is that I would be on a call, and all of a sudden, it would stop sending sound. The person on the other line would start saying, "Lynne, hello, are you there?". Then, if I tried to call them back, I would get the no hear/no hear result. If I then restarted the phone, I could get the sound back, but it would happen again - some times 3 or 4 times on a call. This happened in the car, but at home too, so I don't think it's phone or network related because the network should have been stable when you are sitting in one place, right? And now I've ruled out a lemon phone because the new one is doing it even worse - I cannot even get it to work after a restart.

I saw some other posts on this on Sprint (my carrier), and it seems like there is no clear answer to why this is happening, but I'm basically screwed without a phone. I had a different Samsung phone before this, and I never had this problem ever not once.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Lynne,
What happens if you use the speakerphone?
Have you tried doing something else that uses the microphone? For example, recording a message using the Voice Recorder.
What about using a bluetooth earpiece/headset?

There is one common factor in the two different phone scenarios - you. Is it possible that you installed an app that is causing these problems? You could try performing a Factory Reset, and then before installing/updating any apps you could check out the behavior.

Finally, you do realize that this is the Samsung Galaxy S III forum? There are settings that I'd have another SGS3 user check, but I don't know anything about the Note 2 so I can't be sure what Settings your phone has in common.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

Paul Elksnis

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have a Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 4.1.2 (build JZO54K.I9305XXBMF1) and without warning, although I was able to make / receive a call, I could not hear the person on the other end nor could they hear me. My volumes were turn up, had no noise reduction turned on. I could hear system sounds and my music just fine and could record sound - therefore I knew my speaker and mic were working ok.

I 'restarted' my phone (hold in button on right of device > Restart) and have now made a number of calls - and all seems to work at the moment. Fingers crossed!

Thanks
Paul

Fadel Ouza

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
It happen to my wife phone , i call Sprint and direct me to take the phone to Sprint store. Believe it or not the Tec. fix the phone , the problem was the Mic a (small circle hole) was debris or dust in it so he clean it out , try to use a vacuum or very small air pressure. Phone working great

tanyalugo

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my Galaxy Note II. I don't think my problem is the microphone because it only happens when I call someone. I do not have this problem if I receive a call from even the same phone that the person couldn't hear me when I called moment ago.

When I took it to T-Mobile, they did not even bother to diagnose and asked me to factory reset the phone or replace the phone. I hate to go through setting up all over again with a new phone. I am not talking about backup and restore. I am talking about the setting up the phone including apps, e-mail settings, etc.. Does anyone know how to solve this problem without factory reset or new phone?

Or, is it possible to backup the phone, factory reset, and restore the phone that would bring my phone exactly the same setup that I used to have?

I accidently found a quick temporary solution...
If I place a call immediately after restarting the phone (power off/on) then it works every time.
Could someone tell me what the problem is and its remedy please?

Spencer Hayes1

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Check your settings. I fixed this problem by unchecking "ALL SOUNDS OFF" which was located under "ACCESIBILITY" tab. It is not under SOUND or AUDIO. I accidentally checked this option I guess and freaked out when I couldnt hear anyone anymore.

berrygood909

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Lynne,
What happens if you use the speakerphone?
Have you tried doing something else that uses the microphone? For example, recording a message using the Voice Recorder.

I am having the same problem. I have a galaxy 2 with a legal 4.X (no idea) on it. WIth speakerphone I don't have a problem. Just realized that. But with regular calls i have that problem. So what is happening with the speakerphone that is not happening with a regular/private call?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
berrygood909,
I don't know how close the Galaxy S2 settings are to the S3, so you'll just have to dig around in the Phone app. Look for a noise reduction setting, or the extra volume setting or a voice privacy setting.

You could try a headset with microphone.

Have you tried recording audio to see if that works? Or recording a video with audio to see if that works?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

NB1943

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
First time I have been on a forum but I was interested in your problem as I am having an extended problem to yours? I can make a call and make a connection but the recipient can't hear me and I can't hear them. This is on a Galaxy ace that I brought on December 4th, so only just over 6 weeks old. The likening to your problem is that if I turn the speaker on all is well, except it is no longer a private call! I actually brought two on Aces within a day or so from Sainsbury on a sim free basis for ?99. I use O2 pay as you go. Sainsbury will not replace the phone and offer are Repair service which they say is free, not that the service is part of the ?99 purchase price. I wanted a replacement of refund but they are not playing ball with me.

stevood

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I saw this on another thread and it works perfect.

Open up the back of the phone and remove the surrounding screws, then remove the black screw that holds the shielding down (that has the Sim and SD slot on). Unplug the cable that holds this section to the board and look for the chip outlined in the picture. Place a small washer or piece of plastic over the chip and seal everything back up.

Go to thread 35 for the picture of the diagram.

No sound during calls (samsung galaxy s3 problem) - Page 4 - xda-developers

Rahma90

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Has this happened to you again? i had the same problem with my S4, so i restarted it and all was ok. then the next day i had the same problem and restarting it didn't help :(

Thanks!

Rahma90

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have a Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 4.1.2 (build JZO54K.I9305XXBMF1) and without warning, although I was able to make / receive a call, I could not hear the person on the other end nor could they hear me. My volumes were turn up, had no noise reduction turned on. I could hear system sounds and my music just fine and could record sound - therefore I knew my speaker and mic were working ok.

I 'restarted' my phone (hold in button on right of device > Restart) and have now made a number of calls - and all seems to work at the moment. Fingers crossed!

Thanks
Paul

Has this happened to you again? i had the same problem with my S4, so i restarted it and all was ok. then the next day i had the same problem and restarting it didn't help :(

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie