So I just got this galaxy s3 after having iphones for 4 years. The battery drops 1% every 3-4min. The battery also takes over 4 hours to charge. My iPhone charged in 45 min. I would post a battery screenshot but it was charged halfway roday so the stats would appear that the phone has been on for a day which ismt true. I guess ill try to charge tomorrow so I can post screenshots. As of now I'm ready to return the phone. Gps and wi fi are off.
    07-21-2013 02:18 AM
    If we were to base our estimate on your low figure, that would mean a 10% drop in 30 minutes which would result in a completely dead battery in 5 hours if we started with a fully charged battery.
    If we were to also assume (since you didn't provide any additional information) that this was 5 hours of screen ON time (at an undefined brightness level), along with a nominal mobile data and cellular signal, I'd say that's pretty acceptable performance.
    If you look through all of the battery life threads you'll come away with a baseline of approximately 12 hours of total life, with about 3 of those hours being screen ON at minimum brightness, along with a nominal cellular signal and Wi-Fi usage.
    Change any of those factors (brighter screen; lousy cellular signal; mobile data connection rather than Wi-Fi; etc) and the battery life will decrease accordingly. The big screen and a lousy cellular/mobile data signal are the biggest battery consumers.

Regarding your charging complaint, I'd say that your results are atypical - I usually see the battery go from about 20% to 100% in about 3 hours (I make it a point NOT to run the battery down until it's dead). Of course, my phone usually charges while I'm sleeping so I don't care if it takes 3 hours or 5 hours.
    Edit: here are my battery stats from today if you care.Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    07-21-2013 04:56 AM
    Gsder thanks for the quick reply. I didnt know that a bad data signal made battery life worse. Im gonna post a couple screens but again they might be misleading because the phone wasnt charged to 100%. I have been in a bad cell area lately. I wouldnt care so much but even if I plug the phone in and continue to use it the battery won't charge it just sits in limbo sometimes even DECREASING. I don't know if any of this is normal because I had an iPhone before. I keep brightness as low as possible.
    Attached Thumbnails vigin mobile galaxy s3 battery life-screenshot_2013-07-21-08-02-29.png   vigin mobile galaxy s3 battery life-screenshot_2013-07-21-08-01-30.png   vigin mobile galaxy s3 battery life-screenshot_2013-07-21-02-02-31.png  
    07-21-2013 08:15 AM
    So ive been charging my phone since the post I made earlier, which was 3 hours ago. It has gone from 11% to 48% in 3 hours, thats ridiculous!
    07-21-2013 10:48 AM
    I would agree that there's something rotten in Denmark (how did the poor Danes end up taking the blame anyway?).
    The first thing to do would be to shut the phone off completely, then pull the battery for a couple of minutes. Then fire it up again.
    What kind of charger are you using? If you're charging via a USB port on a computer then it's going to take a long time since those ports are limited to 500 maH. In any case, try a different cable and/or charger.
    Is the phone warm (or even hot?) while charging? It shouldn't be.
    Finally, to eliminate bad signal, you could try putting the phone in Airplane mode for an hour and see if that affects charging speed.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    07-21-2013 11:08 AM
    I'm charging with the standard Samsung charger that came with the phone. It was only hot once and during that time the phone would start charging and then magically shut off over and over. Since that time I haven't had a problem. The phone is only 12 days old
    07-21-2013 09:38 PM
    Your screen shots are misleading. It is showing 27 plus hours on battery. Try to post a screen shot after about 6 or 7 hours after a full charge.
    07-21-2013 10:49 PM
    It was only hot once and during that time the phone would start charging and then magically shut off over and over.
    If this ever happens again you want to go ahead and shut the phone off completely and pull the battery for a few minutes. Make sure the phone is cool before you put the battery back in and power it up.
    It's normal for the phone to get warm, particularly the lower back (when viewed in portrait layout), and it may get a little hot if you're streaming video for a long while, but excessive heat will kill electronics if left unchecked.
    Do you have a case on your phone? A thick case may make it difficult for the phone to dissipate heat.
    Finally, even though you may be using the stock charger/cable that came with the phone, if you're having slow charging problems it's worth trying another charger & cable just to eliminate those as the problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    07-22-2013 12:16 PM