My Samsung Galaxy S3 won't turn on

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Samsung galaxy S3 won't turn on

Shahid,
Unfortunately I'd have to agree with your assessment - it sounds like your phone is borked.

If you had a JIG that would be your last ditch opportunity to boot the phone in Download mode.

If you have the International model, and it's older, it's probably Sudden Death Syndrome - Samsung should repair that for free (but of course you'll have lost everything on the phone, except for what you have on an SD card or synced with the cloud).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Shahid Hashmi1

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the quick reply GSDer.

Two questions...
1. What is JIG?
2. Would it be my network provider (T-Mobile) or Samsung that I should take my phone to if it is Sudden Death Syndrome? I do have an early model but what is an international model? How do I know that mine is an international model?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

A JIG is a little plug that connects to the micro-USB port which provides specific resistance values which cause the phone to boot into Download mode. You can get them on Amazon and elsewhere - just do a search.

The i9300 (there may be other variations) is the International model; it had a different CPU and radios from the US version.

Just take it to T-Mobile. If you don't get any satisfaction then contact Samsung.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Evelin Flores

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

i went to my setting and restarted my gs3...when it started to turn back on,it stopped on the company name..what do you do in order for it to tun on all the way

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

i went to my setting and restarted my gs3...when it started to turn back on,it stopped on the company name..what do you do in order for it to tun on all the way

The first thing would be to read the suggestions already given in the previous 69 posts in this thread, and see if any of them help you.

mraff36

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I was on facebook when my s3 randomly powered off. When i hold down the power button to turn it back on my phone just vibrates a couple times. When i plug it into the charger it vibrates every so often untill i unplug it. I have tried holding down the power, home, and volume up button but that did not do anything. (Nothing appears on the screen when i try to turn it on or plug it in to charge either.) Any help would be appreciated.

however i just plugged my phone into the charger without the battery and the orange LED came on. Other than the light being on it is unresponsive (nothing comes on the screen at all)

Last edited by a moderator:

CharlesEd

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

My Samsung galaxy s3 will turn on... Sort of.
The LED light will turn on and it vibrates to let me know that it is on, but the screen stays completely black. Help?

dcam26

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

hi can someone help me?
i was on the phone and it suddenly shut off on me.
i tried to turn it back on but all it did was go to the samsung screen (and all the other screens it goes to before you're actually at your lock screen) and it would just repeat itself.
So i took the battery out for 20min and put it back in.
when i put the battery back in, it turns on by itself without me even clicking the power on button.
it kept doing the same thing.
so i pressed volume up with the power button and home button.
i cleared cache and rebooted
it kept doing the same thing.
i put it on the charger, the charger icon doesn't come up unless i click the power on button at the side.
i'm running out of options
HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

dcam26,
See post #65

sarahram23

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

my Samsung s3 wont turn on it just started this morning around 9, it turned on around lunch then turned off again 30 minutes later. it occasionally turns on for like 1 minute then shuts off. now it wont turn on at all. I have tried the recovery thing and taking out the battery and charging thing, but nothings working! someone help me

Monique Michelle

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Let me begin by saying I dropped my phone a couple of times but I jus got it in aug and its been working fine even after I dropped it (the last time was about a week ago) and I switch chargers with my cousin by mistake and thats when the problems begin. The charger had a short in it so i had to play with it to get it to charger and when i plug a new charger that i jus brought in it no longer chargers at all. And I've tired on several different new chargers. I don't know what else to do Ive tired everything and it still doesn't want to charge.

AmyLeigh369

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

how long is the download thing supposed to take? I held the volume down button, power button and home button and it came up with the screen so I pressed volume up for it to download and now I don't know if its downloading or the screen is frozen?? help ?? it's been like this for probably five minutes now??:(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

AmyLeigh369,
Just having the phone in Download mode doesn't do anything - as referenced in post #65, you have to have the phone connected to a computer and be downloading firmware via Kies (or Odin) in order for anything to happen.

Michelle Hearn

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

My samsung galaxy 3 won't turn on. I was checking emails the Optus network screen came up and pressed bottom right button the phone turned itself off. I've taken battery and sim out but phone won't turn on

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Michelle,
With the phone completely off, if you connect the charger do you see the charging graphic and the battery level? Does the battery seem to be charging?

Do you have an SD card? If so, you could try removing that as well.

If the phone is connected to the charger without the battery in place, does anything happen? If you then put the battery in can you turn it on?

Finally, do you have someone that can loan you a battery? It's possible (although not likely) that the battery suffered a catastrophic failure.

Nautica_Day

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello, My samsung galaxy is not turning on, it did several times and now it wont turned on!
I put it to charge for about an hour the other day and it worked but it still turned off and came back on again !
I dont know what to do i bought i new battery cause i thought that was the problem!
but is not... i erased most of the apps i didnt need cause i thought that could be the problem ...

Please help ??????:-\:'(

Wow that's the same thing what happened to mines now it won't turn on dis you find out the problem cause I need mines fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

ugh s3

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Samsung galaxy S3 cannot turn on

My s3 is like low battery(0%) then after maybe 40minutes like this i charged, i charged it for about 1 hour maybe then i tried to switch on but can't. It keeps showing the samsung logo and then my s3 cannot switch on. I tried to took off the battery for more than 2 times , it still can't switch on. So can you help me ?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

ugh,
Sounds like you need to take it in to the local carrier store and see if they can fix it or give you a replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan