My Samsung Galaxy S3 won't turn on

ramseyd2

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Samsung galaxy S3 won't turn on

Someone please help,

I had my GS3 on the charger and it was working fine, my alarm went off at half 10 and i turned it off. when i next looked at my phone an hour later it was just froze on the black samsung screen that appears when turning the phone on. I've tried leaving the battery out for a few min and back in with no success. What do I do????

Chandler Mccool

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Hi, this is Chandler, I am having the same problem with my galaxy s3, and was wondering if you have found any solutions.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Chandler,
See posts 85 & 65

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Chandler Mccool

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I was playing a game on my phone, and the screen, faded out with black lines, and then turned off. This has happened two times before, but I have gotten it back on somehow. Now I can not get it to come back on. I have tried all the solutions holding all the buttons and none of that stuff worked. Also removing battery and replacing it. Any other solutions?

Chandler,
See posts 85 & 65

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer,
I did have a sd chip in there, I removed it. I also removed the battery and a red light appears, then I placed the battery back in with the red light on, and still nothing.

From post 85. I am seeing a charging battering it says 100%, what do I do from there GSDer?????

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Chandler,
Seeing the charging graphic is good - that means the screen is working and part of the core firmware is working.

Can you boot into Recovery mode? This is somewhat timing dependent - with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Up and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen (NOT the white text; the colored spinning thing).

If the screen comes on but it won't boot to the Recovery menu, try booting into Download mode (it's the same steps as Recovery mode but use Volume Down rather than Volume Up). If it boots to a screen that shows the Android guy that's good - then follow the steps in post #65.

blackyy_4589

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Hi ..
I have the same problem.. phone stuck in the logo screen :(
It goes into recovery mode bt its not working......
i tried the download mode too and tried to upgrade it via kies but it says GT-I9300 model cannot be initialised... :(
factory reset is my last option.... bt i have no hopes :(
ny suggestions?????
plz help...

yasmin88

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

hi i was using my phone today and it just turned off and showed the blue led light when i put it on charge it showed me the battery pic but did not go to the green charging battery it just froze i took the battery out and left it out for about 2 hrs and that didnt work either i rebooted it and factory reset cleared the cache and everything else but it wont work it just has the little robot laying on its back with a triangle icon over its belly can you please tell me what could possibly be wrong and what i should do?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

yasmin88,
See post #65 for instructions on reloading the firmware using Kies - if that doesn't work then I can only suggest taking it in for repair/replacement.

Triton Mars

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Well, looks like I'm now in the same boat. Samsung GSIII. Won't turn on (I get as far as one quick vibration as it normally does when powering on, then the Samsung logo, then the Galaxy logo and it shuts down). Won't recognize the charger (Charging Red LED stays lit for about 4 seconds), won't recognize the battery. Won't boot to Download, won't boot to Recovery.

I've tried nearly all the suggestions in this post, any number of combinations of "Leave the battery out, plug it in, turn it on, leave the battery in, turn it on, plug in it, take the battery out" rinse and repeat. In you folks' humble opinion; Look like I'm boned?

Semhyun Tomas

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

i have a problem with my phone. the problem is when i turn on the phone you will see the flash samsung s3 etc. then it will stackup. And when i plug me phone to charging it will flash the battery then its stackup again. it is always repeating i dont know what to do, its is my only phone i have help me thanks if you what to see email me so i can send the video. last i want to get the photos in my phone how to get it ?? thank you agian

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Look like I'm boned?
Yep, your phone is borked. Time to visit the local corporate store or contact Samsung for repair. Sorry.

Edit: BTW, it's strange that it partially boots but won't boot into Download mode. You're familiar with Download mode I take it?

Semhyun,
Can you boot into Download mode? See post #65 for instructions (just do the part about entering Download mode).

Last edited by a moderator:

Roshni Vora

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi i have a galaxy s3, it just switched off and all that comes up is the samsung galaxay sign. few months ago i had got water into it. i sent it off through ee store, after 6 weeks they sent it back unfixed. someone i know fixed it and it worked for about 2 months and now it has happened again. How can i fix it? or what can i do? also if i cant fix it how can i get all my contacts and pictures etc off the phone? please help

stevencrowtown

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

I have this same issue. I bought this phone in July. I've dropped it a couple times, but I have an OtterBox on it. It worked fine last night at last break at work, an hour later, i'm trying to turn the screen on with the power button, nothing. I took the battery out and put it back in, nothing. I got out to my truck and plugged it in, and I get this screen 131215-084422.jpg It stays that way until I try to push and hold the power button, sometimes it will go blank and attempt start up, it passes the Samsung screen but then the Samsung Galaxy S3 logo appears for a brief second and then it goes back to that screen. I get the vibration upon starting and the returning to the screen shown. I have taken it to the verizon store and the battery was replaced for free last week. I plugged it into the usb on my computer and it doesn't recognize that there's a phone plugged in and that screen remains on until the phone times out, then the screen goes black with the red LED on. The last time this happened I left it on the charger for like 6 hours and then returned to it and it worked fine. It acts like the battery is too low to operate. However earlier it did allow me to get to the home screen and it showed 100% battery life.
(Oddly enough, it wouldn't connect to my WiFi here at home either, and wouldn't turn on Bluetooth)

I attempted to do the Recovery Mode, but again it acts like it's not charged enough to get past the Samsung Galaxy S3 screen to use it or Download mode

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

the screen goes black with the red LED on...It acts like the battery is too low to operate.
I'd say that you're on to something here - the red LED is usually a sign that the battery doesn't have a sufficient charge.

Since they gave you a new (?) battery at the Verizon store, it's unlikely that it's the problem. More likely there's a problem with the charging circuit in the phone, or perhaps with the micro-USB port, or even your charger and cable. Have you tried a different charger AND cable?

You could purchase an external battery charger, fully charge the battery there and then see if the phone boots normally. If it does then either the micro-USB port is bad or the charging circuit in the phone is bad.

If you think it might be the micro-USB port (because perhaps the cables all wiggle too much, or the phone only seems to charge if the cable is held at a certain angle), you could go with a wireless charging solution - that bypasses the micro-USB port altogether.

Edit: welcome to the forums!

stevencrowtown

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

thanks! When I first got home, it allowed my to get all the way to my home screen, i saw that my wifi was turned off, which i thought was weird, but by trying to turn it on, the phone shut off, the wifi ON button wouldn't even switch from off to on, just grayed out. it would flicker like it was available, but then revert back to gray and unusable. The battery read 100% at that time.this charger was replaced about 2-3 weeks ago btw. i had the battery out for over an hour, put it back in, and without being plugged in, tried to turn it on, but ti didnt work. plugged it in, and it continues to do the problem im having.

stevencrowtown

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

OK, Czech this out, I took my sim card and SD card out of the phone and tried to start it, and guess what? IT FREAKING CAME ON!!! It obviously wont function without the SIM card, and it prompted me to turn off the phone and reinstall the SIM, but after doing that, it started right back up like it was new.SO EVERYONE GIVE THAT A SHOT. We'll see if it gives me any issues.

ariados

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I have the same problem... If I put my s3 into downloading mode, I'll lose all of my data informations?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

If I put my s3 into downloading mode, I'll lose all of my data informations?
Putting your S3 into Download mode doesn't cause any data loss. If you load firmware via Odin or Kies, THAT may cause you to lose your information - it totally depends on what you're loading.

If you use Kies to reload the same firmware then you MAY lose your information - sorry, can't be more specific than that.

If you use Odin to dirty flash firmware then it depends on the firmware that you're flashing. If you're clean flashing then you will lose data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance