Calendar not defaulting to current day and time

jbsmith_05

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I just recently switched back from the iphone and one thing i noticed that android doesn't seem to do is when I open the calendar it opens to the last day and time of day that I previously viewed...even if the last time i looked at the calendar was 3 days ago. Is there a way to make the calendar to open up to the current day and time of day upon opening the calendar?

For example

Current Behavior:
last looked at calendar on Monday at 2pm
next time calendar was opened was Thursday at 10am, however the calendar opened up at Monday at 2pm...forcing me to hit the "today" button to come to the current time.

Wanted Behavior:
upon opening the calendar automatically open to today at the current time.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Interesting. I guess I hadn't really noticed that.

But I think it's doing what I would expect an app in a multi-tasking OS to do. If you're in a particular state in an app, and switch to a different app, then switch back, I would expect to come back to exactly what I left.

jbsmith_05

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I thought about that...the behavior makes sense considering the app doesn't really close. I was just hoping it was some setting was missing that would default to "today" when the app is in the foreground.

jbsmith_05

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps you could try Calendar: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.calendar
Edit: besides, it seems strange to me that in his example, if he last opened the calendar on Monday and then reopened it on Thursday, it should have been switched completely out of memory by then.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

I'm not a heavy user of my phone, mainly just email, calendar, and internet app(s)...what makes an app switch out of memory - running out of memory because I doubt my phone ever does.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech