Going Google "lite"

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I opened app mgr and was amazed of how many google components there are running on my phone which i have no intention of using and would like to remove. The thing thats keeping me from just axing everything except for play for updates, music and movies is that there all connected in some way so if i remove an umbrella component its impacts the rests ability to function. So my question is what can i get rid of without losing play, music and movies. Also is "google services" the umbrella app for all the services. TIA

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Many of those google services are parts of the operating system, and are critical to your phone working at all. If you check the subforum for your carrier, you may find a thread that lists apps and processes that can be deleted without impact. But these are often carrier specific, so don't just go willy-nilly deleting things.

Since your talking about deleting things, I'm guessing your rooted? If not, you can't delete most of these at all. If you are rooted, then I'd suggest installing Titanium Backup and using it to "Freeze" the things you want to get rid of, and leave them frozen for at least a few weeks, to make sure it won't cause any problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol