Transferring all files on phone to Windows PC on broken S3

HarryTaylor95

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
My SGS3 has broken, I cracked the screen by dropping it once then dropped it again which made the screen stop working completely. I'm taking it to o2 to get it fixed, but want to back up everything on the phone in case it gets wiped. I plugged it into my laptop using a USB and can access all files via My Computer.

Am I right in saying that if I was to copy the entire 'Phone' folder, all of my data including texts, contacts, music, photos etc. will be backed up or will I have to do something else in order to back these up? Also I have an SD Card with files on too, but I can just take this out before I take the phone to o2.

Please reply ASAP as I am going to take the phone tomorrow morning.

Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Rather than relying on copying miscellaneous files and hoping that you get everything, you should use the Kies software on your PC (not to be confused with Kies Air, although you can actually use the Kies software on your PC and the Kies Air app on your phone for the same purpose). That will ensure that you get all the things you're looking for (contacts; pictures/videos; music; SMS/MMS; call logs; etc.).
Good luck (and get a case)...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta