Someone please help a newbie!

perplexed713

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy s3. A few days ago it started spontaneously updating all of my apps on a wifi network, and like an ***** I force stopped the download manager. Without thinking about it, I then did a software update without restarting the phone. Now, it keeps throwing this error message saying "unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. " And allll kinds of mayhem is going on with my apps, and I can't download anything, my Google play store won't even start up. Did I ruin this phone, or is there a way to fix it?

Last edited:

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
If its not important you can factory reset . you will loose all app and data ( not photos videos music)

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

perplexed713

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
When I looked at the factory reset it said I would lose all personal data, does that mean phone numbers too? It says it will delete my pictures and music files too. Yikes!

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
It will delete your contacts too and you must be syncing it to Google right? If you choose to delete pic you have to select that option also otherwise just delete the apps and data

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Before doing a Factory Reset, do a search in the forums for that error message you're receiving - there are plenty of possible solutions and I'm not going to rehash them here.
If you decide to do a Factory Reset, use the Kies software on your PC to make a backup of your data (contacts, pictures/videos, etc).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
First, go into Settings / Application manager and scroll all the way right, to the "All" tab. Now scroll down looking for the download manager. If it's down near the very bottom, marked as Disabled, tap it, and re-enable it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital